Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Nasty Habit Willys part 13....A few videos.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi Kev, May 16, 2016.

1. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

So what's next?

2. I am half way through my 34 pickup project. Once the coupe is gone I plan to work on it until it's a driver.

[​IMG]

Also once the coupe is gone it frees up a spot in my garage to get serious about my 34 coupe project. It was mocked up several years ago but has been just scattered parts for far too long.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hendelec likes this.
  3. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

That '34 is badass!!

Didn't you chop that car for a friend several years ago? Maybe I'm remembering that wrong.

4. I had a few things I wanted to do the the coupe before I put it up for sale (it is currently on ebay). The Halibrand front wheels (4 lug) are for my 34 Ford coupe project and to change them I needed to change the front brake rotors to 5 lug. Lucky for me I have an ace machinist with a lathe and mill in his garage living 2 doors up. After finding some bearings that would work Gerry the machinist made me some
    sleeves and I changed the old MG rotors to JFZ rotors. Then I dug out a pair of 15x3 1/2" aluminum slot mags and cleaned them up with some scotch brite pads on a die grinder with pumice type hand cleaner followed by aluminum polish on a rag.

IMG_9587_2.JPG IMG_9587_2.JPG IMG_9607.JPG IMG_9496_2.JPG

I wanted to keep my magnesium American 5 spokes so I swapped them for a pair of 15x8 Cragars. Now for the first time it has shiny wheels all around.

IMG_9881_4.JPG

32ford5 likes this.
  5. The valve covers I was running didn't have any oil filler so I cleaned up a pair of old Holley covers , added a pair of breathers and swapped them out. IMG_9447.JPG IMG_9905_2.JPG
    I removed the linkage that connected the bell crank to the gas pedal as it hung up one time while racing when it kind of flattened out due to heavy right foot trying to pushing it through the firewall. I put a bearing on the end of the bell crank and changed from Cragar pedal to a Moon pedal since I had to trim the top a little to make it work smoothly.

IMG_9490_2.JPG IMG_9939_5.JPG

Got a pair of door panels made and painted them black.

IMG_9675.JPG IMG_9873.JPG

6. Master cylinder had a slight leak so I put a new one in. Just had the transmission out and freshened it up with new synchros and bearings, put a new Centerforce clutch disc in when putting it back together. Also did a little minor bodywork. I think the car is in the best shape it has ever been in. Trunk floor got a fresh coat of paint.

IMG_9961_2.JPG IMG_9946_5.JPG IMG_0023_4.JPG

Drewfus, Gotgas, 41 coupe and 2 others like this.
  7. Beautiful work Kev! Here's a couple pictures I snapped at Barona in 2012. You always put on a great show at the drags! Do you have a link for the eBay ad?

kiwi.jpg
    kiwi1.jpg