Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage NASHVILLE SWAP MEET. FEB 4TH & 5TH !!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodA, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Yep, it's that time again: February 4th and 5th.

The big Nashville Swap Meet at the Nashville Fairgrounds

Setup is Saturday, for vendors only.

Sunday, 6AM -3PM. for the public.

5 Heated buildings plus outside.

The.Rev.Earl likes this.
  2. Standard32

Standard32
    from LA

I'm not familiar with this event. How big is it?.... real buyers there or just lookers?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

Is this the first year for this? I have not seen it advertised anywhere. Just looked in Hemmings and there was nothing. Can you post a flyer?

4. This is the good one. Well worth the trip. I always go and usually find something I can hang on the wall until I realize I didn't need it.

5. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

6. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

This swap has been going on for years. It is really hard to see it all in 1 day.I have bought a lot of stuff at this swap. Of course you do have your tool vendors, but not to bad. Best bet is to go Saturday and buy a vendor pass .Now with that being said there also is show and swap this weekend there called AUTOFEST. Not NEARLY as big, but i have got some great deals at this show.This weekend's show is a great way to kill a day. But i only live a couple hours away. The show in February,its a big deal.

7. Bruce, sell me that ole junky coupe body and you will have more money to spend at the swap meet....;)

8. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I was offered a retirement package from work Thursday, now i gotta decide what i am gonna do

9. Congrats on the retirement offer. Hope that it works out for you. I love it.

BTTT for those interested.

10. [QUOTE="uncleandy 65, Can you post a flyer?[/QUOTE]
    image.jpg

11. Gman0046

Gman0046

Bruce, not sure of your financial or job situation but either way its a big decision. Early retirement worked out well for me. I had a stressful job and had I stayed I thought I might have a heart attack or stroke. I also know of friends who left early but were not in a financial position to retire and had to go back to work. Good luck in your decision. BTW retirement is great.

Gary

12. Gman0046

Gman0046

We were visiting friends in Nashville and he is a car guy. Went to the Nashville swap meet and thought it was great. Would go again if I had an opportunity.

Gary

13. MARKDTN

MARKDTN

It is a nice swap meet. They sell out all the indoor space and covered outdoor at the Nashville Fairgrounds and a lot of uncovered space too. Lots to buy. Worth the drive. If you go, go early in the morning. By noon it is over basically.

14. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Well Starting in march i can double dip, pension from 1, plus i got a pretty good promotion.from new co.But hell its stressfull. I cant enjoy the money if i"m on the other side of the dirt. I got a week to decide.But more $$$$=MORE car parts.I would have to slow down a little,but i'm getting older anyway need to slow down. But with that being said, I had pneumonia last year, almost kicked the bucket from it . and missed the swap meet. looking forward to it this year...Hope it don't snow again!

15. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

Thanks HotrodA for posting the flyer. Now I have to decide if the 7 hour drive one way is worth it.

16. Tough call, Unc.
    Nashville is unpredictable. More and more non-HAMB friendly parts every year, but that's expected today. Mostly depends on the weather. Last year was phenomenal, the outside was packed, as well as every building.
    Found this little jewel there, plus a few other treasures.
    image.jpg

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  17. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I love a good swap meet, but 7 hours for that one... i don't think i would.

18. BTTT for a heads up.

19. Last call!!

Weather looks good: 55 and sunny!

20. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

be sure to take pics and post here

21. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I'll be there..........i hope

22. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I had a ball today and would love to have a space next year.
    posted a few pics in the thread that is linked in my signature.

23. Good weather and the place was packed. Made $400 profit after buying stuff and expenses, so it was another good Nashville swap meet. Got some GREAT deals on a bunch of 40 pieces, a 34 gas tank cover panel, a 32 headlight bar, early Bronco trailer hitch, and a great time as usual. Worth the one way four hour drive. Unfortunately more and more non-friendly late model "junk", and less early Ford parts.