Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nashville GG....was this guy yankin' my chain???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Haywood, Jun 30, 2007.

1. rowdy

rowdy

yeah, i know that guy he has a hemi powered coupe and a 58 convertible chevy, i also know him as a person, and might i say a real prick. in his case, you dont get to be a multi-millionaire by not getting ridiculous prices for shit, and i can guarantee he is not joking. a real snake oil salesmen, i wish no one would bid so i could go get it for about $300 and tell him i had a buyer for $15k and watch him shit his $100 pants. he aint kiddin, he'll take 25k

2. TINGLER

TINGLER

Cool pics.

I'd buy that for $25,000....but not $25,900.

For $25,900, that guy can keep that rusted piece of shit. :D

3. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

What is this gear box off of?

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

4. rowdy

rowdy

TINGLER, we live close enough to go in on halvers. i will take it tuesday through friday and you can have it on the weekends so you you can show it off at the show

5. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I saw that body on a trailer when leaving Knoxville and the first comment out of my mouth was why would someone waste the gas and effor to put it on a trailer.. It was possibly the worse body I had ever seen.

6. Haywood

Haywood
    from M'boro,TN

Cruzn65, I like that one too! I'll try to get some more pics today.

Sparky, man, you said that right! Sorry, I missed you. I'll look for you again today.

Tingley, you crack me up!!!!!

TP, look at that pitman arm!!!:eek: I see why they called them "BubbleGum" welds now!

Two things I kept hearing from the crowd around this train wreck:

"Why did he even bother strapping it down?"

and

"I'd love to meet the man that could turn this into something!"

I told them "you've never been on the HAMB have you??!! Get some of you guys together and throw in free beer.... this would just be a weekend thrash!!!;) Instant Hawt Rod!

7. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

If you have to ask us if he's pulling your chain, I'd suggest you get professional help with any purchases over a hunnert bucks.

8. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

well the drivers side garnish molding did look in pretty good shape! but i don't know why they left it on it when it was a racey type car

9. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

At Goodguys a few years back a guy had a 34 Victoria body he wanted $6500for. It was a body only and it looked like someone had rolled the thing down a mountain. There wasn't a remotely straight panel on it anywhere, it was totaly mangled. I wouldn't have given him $65 for it. He took it back home.
    I see stuff like that and that 32 and I appreciate my T coupe body more. Thought I paid too much but not anymore.

10. Haywood

Haywood
    from M'boro,TN

Cruzn65, well..... I tried to get some more pics. The rain came not long after I got there. I wish he'd left a window down or raised one side of the hood Saturday. I really wood like to get a better look at it.

11. flying53gmc

flying53gmc
    from M-boro, TN

[/quote]

47-54 chevy or gmc truck. Used the same on my 31 roadster, but you move it closer to the firewall and don't weld it like this scary set up.

12. monkeybags

monkeybags
    from ky

Here you go. See it at a local show every year. Really clean in person.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Burgy

Burgy

[​IMG]

WTF?

Im a fan of rudy style trucks, no let me rephrase that; rudy style trucks, done well; but really what is going on with this pile, whats up with the frickin shower curtain rods, or whatever you want to call them.

Some people's children I guess :p

that green 32 sedan is wicked looking, the color is gorgeous

14. Sutton

Sutton
    from BTR

I think this is a Hambers truck.

15. I've seen way nicer sell for enough less than that $25K figure that you could have bought a new rolling chassis and maybe a crate motor along with the body and still not quite have spent $25K.

Isn't that red truck supposed to be/used to be a firetruck and those are some kind of grab irons over the doors?

16. I checked epay at 10:30 sunday night and only four bids. Top bid $510 dollars!

17. Bishop Welding

Bishop Welding
    from USA

510 bucks too much!!

18. Burgy

Burgy

well that certaintly explains a couple things, now that that is clear, then I guess he made out pretty good, for barely spending anything on it. I guess thatd explain the hand railing too :p

19. BLACKIE HARVELLE

BLACKIE HARVELLE

Burgy, its a firetruck you retard.

20. Hey Butch, thanks for the pics of that car. I knew Bill Reecer, went to school with his daughter, and had my car worked on at his Chrysler dealership when I was a teen.....but I never knew about his racing past :confused:. Heck, I lived in Overton county ten+ years and never knew about the old tracks either :eek: :eek:
    Very cool, in a historical way.

21. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

they don't make 'em like they used to...or do they? maybe they shoudn't! geeeeeezzzzz....That thing there is a real piece of , ummm...

H(s)IS(h)T(i)OR(t)Y....

22. flat_mountain

flat_mountain

awe come on now, is $510 too much to ask for a "historic" 32 Ford???

Yes, yes it is...

23. KIRK!

KIRK!

I saw that pile too. It left on the same trailer of course.

I'd punch the guy in the neck if he left that on my property. I think even the scrap yard may laugh at it if you brought it in.

Because it was an old racecar doesn't give it history. Well, history whort anything anyway. Do you think that some guy's car that came in last place every week at his local track in 1978 is worth money today because it has race history? Yes? Then you are a retard.

24. ~E~

~E~

Still $ 510.... with no reserve. He has only sold two things on E__y so this should be interesting. Think he'll get his 25k....:p

25. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

You're on crack if you think it's worth that... or that amount of work...

26. Sealed Power

Sealed Power
    from TN

I posted about this car and a 3 window that was found with it a couple of weeks ago. Found the auction on ebay just a little while ago. Been seeing theis post for a couple of days and just know realized it was about the same car. :( Here is link with some pictures of the matching 3 window.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188236

27. KIRK

KIRK

I guess if it's yours to sell you can ask any price. I just wonder what kind of a moron would even think about buying something like that for any more then scrap price?

28. Sealed Power

Sealed Power
    from TN

Yeah, when they sold for $50.00 it was kind of a no brainer. I called the guy that bought them, the first time. I could never get price out of him he was in the process of selling them. Supposedly to a vintage dirt track collector. :rolleyes: I got the feeling he thought they were made of gold, so I never pursued it.

Both those cars were ROUGH as hell!! Would have been cool to get them since they were local cars. I wouldn't pay much for them....I don't give shit if they are 32 Fords!!!:D They're rough..... and as far as I know the the Mitchell track in the big city of Livingston ain't to famous..... hell, most of the people that live here don't even know about it. History????:rolleyes:

29. the-rodster

the-rodster

The 3W was fixable, rough but fixable.

Shit, that was found in my home town!!

Rich

30. the-rodster

the-rodster

Grew up there, and thought I knew every square inch..

Never heard of it.

Rich