Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nashville Auto Fest anyone going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kelly Burns, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

Never been, thinking about going. Do you think its a good show?

2. olddrags

olddrags
    from ky

Kelly,was thinkin the same, I've heard good and bad reports, need something to do in this weather.. Hope your keepin Keen out of trouble!!!

3. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

i'm going if the roads clear up. most of my buddies in nashville don't like this show,but i have gotten more good deals from the swap meet than i have gotten at the REALLY BIG swap meet in feb. long way to say yes:eek:

4. Gator

Gator

Might go, it's a typical 'open' indoor show. But like Bruce above said there is a bit of a swap meet, if I go that'll be why.

Besides, what else ya gonna do an a dreary cold-ass January weekend?

5. Retro61

Retro61

What are the Dates? Wouldn't mind goin' myself, if i don't have to work!

6. Gator

Gator

7. davedeltadog

davedeltadog

My boy and I plan to go, because there is not much to do on a cold winter weekend. Better than spending the day with my ol lady.

8. Tacson

Tacson

@ BA and Gator you mean you guys may get to spend a few minutes with me 2 Saturdays in a row? HA HA. Hey I plan to come up Saturday around 10 to check out the swap meet maybe I will see you there.

9. 35touring

35touring
    from Kentucky

10. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Examples of some of the classes:

<TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>ALL TUNER</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>ALL BEST CORVETTE</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>ALL OTHER MANUFACTURED </TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    ALL RAT RODS
    ALL BEST CAMARO

Yeah I think I'll sit this one out....I'm done with open shows. I've seen enough flip-flop paint jobs and Grand Ams with 20" wheels. :mad:

11. Labold

Labold

I'll be going but I fall into that "there's nothing else better to do" category too. I am friends with the guys that put the show on and always have a good time, even if all the cars aren't my taste.

I had originally planned to take my '42 down to try and sell it but got lucky and sold it last night. So now I guess I'm going looking for deals.

12. Retro61

Retro61

After all the "Positive" comments, i think i'll just stay close to home and Work! Make me some Hot Rod Money!!

13. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

I may go too. Got cabin fever..Some friends have a trip planned in the rods but too much ice on back roads may postpone the run...

14. I usually go and then say "never again" on my way home.But then, its cold,snowy and "nothing better to do" again. So I might go. Not much of anything usually in the swap meet other than Chinese tools and matchbox cars and women selling unrelated craft stuff.The big one on Feb 6 is greatly better.

15. outlaw256

outlaw256

ok alabama boys is there anything goin on in our state. everything always seems to be somewhere else.

16. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

17. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

ain't life great:D i may even break out the long pants:eek:

18. Tacson

Tacson

Bruce how good is this one? Is it worth driving about 3.5 hrs? Thanks

19. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Any other midwest events going on this weekend?

i might just end up going, for the swap meet if nothing else

'best' rat rod? s c a r y

20. oldblu65

oldblu65
    from Tennessee

Would love to go but too much bad weather between me and there !

21. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

well,it beats settin at the house!!! depends on the weather. you know i've been the last 4-5 years and could not tell you a single car that was in the show:eek:. i just LOVE swap meets.it's not the biggest, but like i said i have gotten some really good deals at this one. the stones river swap in feb is HUGE! almost to big. people are shoulder to shoulder and its hard to see everything. 3.5 hours,i i i i i don't know the drive up is part of my enjoyment. i've been in the house all week due to work being off,the garage was packed full and NO room to work in there.so i need to get out.if you got stuff to do at home/car related stay home and work on it. if you need to get out and kill a day hit the swap. boy that was a non-commitelle answer wasn't it

22. tnrotter

tnrotter
    from Tennessee

I can always find something to buy at a swap meet. Come look around my garage, most of it is still sitting around there and 1 day I'm gonna take it to a swap meet and sell it!

23. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

Just returned from attending the Autofest....Great crowd...Almost as many vendors as cars... Lots of swapmeet stuff too. Just as mentioned before in this thread this is an open car show.

24. Tacson

Tacson

I just got back. AutoFest was ok. I bought a couple of column parts from the Southern Kentucky Classics. Look at AC units for my 56' F100 at Northern Kentucky

25. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

dang. did ya'll avoid me or what?....i know, i had on long pants didn't recognize me did ya!!!!!:rolleyes:
    ??????