Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nash Finder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Coyote56, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Coyote56

Coyote56

Hi all! This is my first post, so i'm not sure if i'm doing this right or what to expect in return. But I have a question, and google didn't help me! So I thought maybe the good people of the H.A.M.B could.
    Ok, so here's the back story. Apparently my great-grandfather (yeah, im that young) used to have a car dealership in Olmsted falls, Ohio. He sold all different kinds of cars there, including old Plymouths during the depression era. Later he moved to Berea, Ohio, when he got a dealership to sell Nash cars. I always thought it would be awesome if I could track down one of the cars he sold, buy it, and either restore it or customize it, depending on the style of car. However, we have no record of anything he did, and no one that I could find seems to have any information on where to find dealer records for Nash Motors... If anyone here had any ideas/information/cars they would like to give me, please post below? Anything would help! Thanks In advance.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  2. Use Google to find the Nash car club. Contact a local chapter (I wonder if they have more than one chapter in the entire country but that is another question) and go from there. I doubt you could find where a car was originally sold but who knows you might find a license plate frame.

Charlie Stephens

3. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

If you knew what years he was in business and you could find a Nash in the Berea Ohio area that had one of his dealer signs on the trunk lid, that might be about the only way of knowing for sure it was one of his. Some ads in the local area might turn something up

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  4. 51hornetdude

51hornetdude
    from denver

5. Coyote56

Coyote56

Thanks for the help guys! Every little bit is appreciated!
    For the record, I checked google, but couldn't find any meaningful help.
    Speaking of help,
    51hornetdude, I found my grandfather's dealership on the list you posted! Now I know what years to look for--thanks!!
    ('46-'56, fyi)

6. Coyote56

Coyote56

Oh, and two things I should mention...
    I am not currently financially able to buy the car, so this is for future plans
    and,
    I have this sinking feeling that there may not be many, if any of these cars left, due to Ohio salt...
    But I still appreciate people taking an interest in my case. The info provided is much appreciated.
    Thanks!

7. Coyote56

Coyote56

Anybody got anything else?

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

The years your dads dealership operated was the second great migration to the West. I'd try looking in California. Lot's of folks moved west, after WWII. Just a thought.

9. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

10. flyin-t

flyin-t

based on the info butchered posted, this is on ebay right now...

[​IMG]