Register now to get rid of these ads!

Narrowing Camaro A-Arms

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot rod wille, Feb 14, 2007.

1. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

I have a 56 Chevy 2 door sedan with a 72 Camaro sub-frame.Great car --drives and handles well. The only problem is the front track is a little wide--and I don't feel like spending close to $1000.00 on Fatman control arms. I've read threads on here about narrowing stock arms. What I'm looking for is someone to narrow a set of arms. Come on,guys---who does em and how much? I'd really like to hear!!

2. joeks

joeks

id be pretty intrested to hear this too

3. Custom54

Custom54

I have a Camaro sub in mine too. If anyone has done this, I would like to know how much work is involved?

4. lionsgarage

lionsgarage
    from Washington

Narrowed a set of 75 caddy a-arms off a chopped 55 coupe deville project I am helping on, pretty straight forward fabrication but remember to make a jig to line them up before welding. The trick is to chose how much, as the tire hits the frame if turned sharp with narrow track.....The last one I narrowed the entire sub with a jig, When rechecking the ackerman on a 50 chev pickup it was installed on it was near perfect! Go ahead cut away, the only way to learn.