Register now to get rid of these ads!

narrowed a-arms

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jay71, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Jay71

Jay71

Anyone out there narrowed the stock a-arms on their vehicle? Having some tire clearance issues and looking for an alternative to the aftermarket tubular narrowed a-arms( about $800 for a complete set!:eek:). Tried the search but didnt find anything. Pretty sure Ive seen pics of it done on here though. Any info. is much appreciated. Also, just put on a new set of wheels so not lookin change them out. Thanks

2. Try some local lowrider shops, they extend A-arms all the time on hoppers. Im sure if they can extend em they can narrow em too.

3. leadsled01

leadsled01

What car are you working on?

4. Jay71

Jay71

The car in my avatar, 55 chevy wagon. Disk brake kit brought my wheels out a bit to much for how low the car is.

5. eric

eric

i think Danchuck just released a new disc brake kit that keeps your wheels where they were from the factory and doesn't push them out.

6. AcadianKid

AcadianKid

Had to narrow mine on my 62. Basically just pulled them in 1 inch for lower ride hight fender clearance. Its a pretty easy deal. I can send some pics if you'd like.
    Cory

7. I have an old truck magazine with a how-to on extending. Seems all you'd need to do is measure carefully, cut(NOT with a torch), and re-weld, with some added gussets/braces.

8. Jay71

Jay71

An inch would be great. If you could, I'd like to see some pics. Thanks

9. Jay71

Jay71

10. hackers paradise

hackers paradise

Hey JAY, I have narrowed a ton of stock A Arms for guys with the same prob that you have. In fact I narrowed the ones for 62Acadian in this post. If you still need them done, let me know. You can ship them to me and I will narrow them and send them back. We can usually get 1" a side more clearance for you. Let me know.
    Thanks www.hackersparadise.biz

11. old dirt tracker

old dirt tracker
    from phoenix

yes you can narrow a arms but its like if you break your left leg now you need to break your right to even things up. once you narrow the arms now you have reduced the lever arm on your springs and now they are stiffer.