Register now to get rid of these ads!

Napa floor jacks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mickeyc, Dec 19, 2011.

1. mickeyc

mickeyc

Are Napa floor jacks made in America? I am referring to the pro lift series.
    I called and asked the clerk at the store, but they could not tell me one way or the other.

2. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

PM Uncle Buck or Gup

3. pinman 39

pinman 39

Oldguard will be posting on here soon ! He knows .

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I'd be very very surprised if any Made in USA jack is sold at any auto parts store.

5. 49F1Jeff

49F1Jeff
    from Oregon

Was the clerk even made in USA? :rolleyes:

6. dubcee

dubcee

is any thing still made here?

7. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

You can tell by the box it comes in ……. I think the little bastards make cardboard from shit.
    No need to look inside.

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

The girl at the counter at our local NAPA was venting one day, telling me more and more of their stock is from China. So I would be very surprised if the jacks are from here.

Don

9. I got made in korea .... but it wasnt cheep!

I gota pro series high-lift from napa .... acts like it was made in china.

10. Master of None

Master of None

I've got one and used it for a few years with no problems. I would get another but it would be one with the T handel for moving cars around.

11. uncle buck

uncle buck

Unfortunately, not any more. They haven't been for several years now. The quality of the 791- series jacks is excellent though and the warranty is good. As much as I hate Chinese crap, I do like these. Just make sure what you are looking at has a part number that starts with 791-:)

12. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

I think the only way you might get a good jack is to really shell out some dough . Like Snapon or MAC or another professional brand name.

13. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

It really makes me wonder, is the only stuff made in america sent directly to china to make all this crap??? because obviously they aint making it with their own tools or they'd need to replace just as many tools as they'd make

14. 46mercury

46mercury
    from livonia MI

No, they're not. The last US-made NAPA jack I bought was in 1992.

15. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Their jack stands are made in China I think, I ruined mine last week by using them to hold up a car... that was a stupid move on my part!

I wouldn't be surprised if the jacks are made there too with lightweight (cheap) materials and lead paint for a pleasing taste! :D

I have 3 jacks, a 9 foot long 9 ton floor jack from the 40's, a 6 foot long cast iron one from the 20's that is a ratchet system, no idea what the capacity is as I have yet to try it, and I have an aluminum twin pump 2 ton Black-Jack I got at Costco for $90 that works great till it gets to -40, so no complaints!

16. ronk16

ronk16

Napa is china, and overpriced

17. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

What about Craftstman Jacks ?? China ??

18. Dadstoy 2

Dadstoy 2

I bought a new USA Walker jack back in 1972. It worked fine for years. I replaced it with a Asian made jack and set the Walker aside as it needed new seals. The Asian jack was OK but not the quality. I finally loaded up the Walker and had it rebuilt. The re builders said I could buy a new Asian jack for what I will have in that Walker. I declined their offer and had it rebuilt. It works better than new. I gave my son that other jack.

19. lawman

lawman

Was in a NAPA store sunday buying tune up parts for my 8N Ford Tractor.
    Was walking around the store and saw their floor jacks. Did not see where they were made BUT they were $197.00 each !!!!!. That would be a VERY high priced China jack !!!!!!!LOL

20. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

Snap on and Mac jacks are made in China too. - Mayor

21. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

And Snap-on is the biggest waste of money there is.

22. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Makes you wonder if the guys in China complain about the crappy Chinese tools they have to work with ? :eek::D:D

Don

23. I just went out and looked at my napa 2Ton floor jack. The label reads All American series.

24. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

It's a miracle if you can find something "made in the U.S.A" now days. Imagine what it would do to the economy if we made everything in the U.S. again.

25. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Regarless, it's most likely ASSEMBLED in America (from Chinese parts!)

26. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

The Chinese Industrial center has named a sector "USA". (serious, no joke)
    I had seen a number of items (car / shop related) marked "Made in USA"...had to ask about them, as the hardware (bolts, nuts, washers) were of obvious foreign mfr.
    Bolts had an uncommon head shape, and nuts were short in height; washers were of the lock type, buy their cross sections were 'upright', not rolled from square or horizontally-rolled stock.
    The counter man has been there for 30 years, and it was he that told me about the USA province in China. (Harbor Freight has lines that sound 'American' as well: Chicago Pneumatic, for instance.)

27. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I was listening to a radio show while driving the other day and they were discussing the world's economic situation. They said it is very important for China to become prosperous as that will be the salvation of the rest of the world's economies. China is blowing up to be such a big consumer of other country's goods and services that without them buying everyone's goods the rest of us will be in trouble. :eek:

What happened to when WE were the driving force in the rest of the world? Some day this is going to bite us in the ass bigtime. :(

Don

28. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

I have read that any jack with a handle made from 2 pieces is imported, and all jacks with a 1 piece handle are made domestically. So far this has rung true for me.

I tried ordering an "American Brand", and paid more for it, but ended up with a two piece handle.

And probably damn soon....

29. krooser

krooser