Register now to get rid of these ads!

Names for your car........Let's hear em.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950-mercury, May 17, 2011.

1. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

I wanted to see what names you guys give to your cars and the story behind the name. Pictures of your car would be great to go with the name.

2. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

O.K. , I'll start this one out. My current project is the THUNDERTURD.

Enclosed is a Photoshop enhanced image of it .

[​IMG]

The Photoshop image cleans it up for a good look at the lines,etc...

The next image is my Avitar and how the car currently looks (without Photoshop).

[​IMG]

Can you tell why I call it THUNDERTURD ? ?

VR&C.

3. pecker head

pecker head

The Pecker Head Coop

4. cheveey57

cheveey57

all my cars have been named Betsy in honor of my late grand-dad, he always called his cars betsy. So Right now I have Red Betsy, Black betsy, green betsy etc........

5. Fast67VelleN2O

Fast67VelleN2O

I named it GAY. Just like this "build" thread you have going on here.

6. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Was DUMB TOY. Recently changed it to LANE ACE. ....mainly because it handles & corners so well. It's a real low 27 Ford T Roadster Pickup on 32 frame rails, 283 5 speed.

7. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

WAITER!...check please

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. d.reese

d.reese
    BANNED

All of them have been GIRL, their just like a woman! Nothing ever goes quite right, can make me mad as hell, but at least they doesn't talk back!

9. haychrishay

haychrishay

Dagmar

Attached Files:

• 249.jpg
      249.jpg
      File size:
      79.3 KB
      Views:
  10. This is my Brookwood. I renamed it the "Crookwood", because it has consumed so much of my dough in its resurrection. My 5yr old son calls it "Ramone Station Wagon" after the '59 Chevy in the movie Cars.[​IMG] I think that name will probably stick...[​IMG]

11. Jeez, another "car name" thread...oh, goody.

Dodge, Ford, Chrysler, International.

12. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

These threads never have a happy ending.

13. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

"Said Terrible Beasty" is her name. Jack Sparrow is in the hull of The Black Pearl looking for more rum when he runs into Bootstraps, who warns him of what's to come. Jack says," So when would one expect Said Terrible Beasty?"
    [​IMG]

14. olds vroom

olds vroom

The car in my avitar is josephine and my wifes car is called pandora, but we won't open that box on here again

15. dbird

dbird

Not a hot rod, but somewhat modified, the only car I've had that ever acquired a name is my MR2 Spyder which is referred to as the Tard. It's OK, I was teaching junior high at the time.

Don

16. nysdeucerider

nysdeucerider
    from NYS

I don't have a pic handy, but my 57 Nomad (mild custom) was called "The Rain God" because every time I rubbed it (wash and wax time) it would rain!:rolleyes:

17. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Since my Galaxie is white with a red roof, my french speaking sister (don't hold the french thing against her, I don't) came up with Blanche, which translates to white in French but kinda fits the redhead these days too.

18. TERPU

TERPU

Poppy the Miracle Tub, Pete the Pick up, Louise the '54 Chevy, and Amelia the '33. Simple that's all.

Tim

19. dmikulec

dmikulec

63 Newport - Black Betty

20. Caddaolds

Caddaolds

The name say's it all Caddaolds. The hart of a Caddy and the body of a Olds!!!

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  21. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I call my Nomad, "the Nomad" and the story behind it is that's what the title and the tailgate both say.

We get these "what did you name your car?" threads about once a month. Which is about once a month too often

22. hemifarris

hemifarris

I call one of mine '59 El Camino another one is '34 Ford Victoria, another one '36 Ford Phaeton and so on.All 11 have names. 2 of them have the same names, '31 Ford deluxe roadsters....

23. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

Since I don't have a HAMB friendly car, the one I have (2010 HHR Panel) is called Miz Scarlett because of its red color and there is a little decal of Betty Page with a riding crop on the back all dressed in red.

24. SecretAgent

SecretAgent

Right now we're calling our 48 fleetline bombshell Bettie. Due to the fact that most of these are built into bombs but we're going more towards the custom route and my wife is a pin up model so there's the Bettie paige reference. The car is gonna be for her.

25. RichG

RichG

Stupid effin' thread... but this picture made it worthwhile for me!

26. chopt49

chopt49

Interesting how some people have a true hatred for this thread topic, then why open it and read it let alone comment...

My '49 is named artifice --- meaning "a crafty but underhanded deception; a trick played out as an ingenious, but artful, ruse;"

Reason being it started life a boring 4 door sedan, now she is a true two door conversion and all chopped and kustom. :D

27. Charlene- after "Arlene" - a Lady I dated and loved in the 90's, before she passed away.

[​IMG]

28. speakfordadead

speakfordadead

29. The 38 Special

[​IMG]