Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Name these hubcaps?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 60 Plymouth, Aug 31, 2015.

  1. 60 Plymouth
    Joined: Feb 8, 2011
    Posts: 138

    60 Plymouth
    from UK

    Hi all,

    Hopefully the mighty HAMB can answer me a question that's bugged me since I discovered this car:
    Anybody recognise these sombrero-esque hubcaps?

    Bigger image here:

    I kinda think they might be Packard Clipper, but the badge looks a little different.

    All help greatly appreciated.

    Best regards,
  2. squirrel
    Joined: Sep 23, 2004
    Posts: 46,122


    probably had the badge changed. Or they're old "replacement" hubcaps, which usually had a generic emblem so they wouldn't have to pay licensing fees to the company who's product they were copying.
    Special Ed likes this.
  3. scrap metal 48
    Joined: Sep 6, 2009
    Posts: 5,933

    scrap metal 48

    I like wheel covers.. I'd like to see more of them on 50's style 30's and 40's hot rods...
    falcongeorge and tb33anda3rd like this.
  4. Mark T
    Joined: Feb 19, 2007
    Posts: 1,866

    Mark T

    Register now to get rid of these ads!

  5. U-235
    Joined: Dec 18, 2010
    Posts: 452


    I don't know what the hubcaps are....but God I love that car....Had one back in 64. It was black with chrome reverse w/narrow whites and a red line. Dumped in the front (cranked down the torsion bars) with (4) bell tipped dumps coming straight down over the rear end. Golden Commando 361 w/three carbs and traction masters.
  6. BuckeyeBuicks
    Joined: Jan 4, 2010
    Posts: 2,034

    from ohio

  7. Diavolo
    Joined: Apr 1, 2009
    Posts: 810


    Fred, Wilbur, Daryl and Francis.

    You said name them.. :rolleyes:
    Dago 88 likes this.

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2020 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.