Register now to get rid of these ads!

Name change and re-intro

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by fat tire, Mar 7, 2005.

1. fat tire

fat tire

Ok so I figured I might as well change my name before I have been on here too long. My old handle was drunkntat2. I guess the main reason is I flat out didn’t like the name . Ok so now onto the good stuff.
    My name is Josh and I have made my way to Colorado via San Diego (born n raised) about 4 years ago. I am currently a network engineer and have a wife and 2 little ones. My 1st taste of cars was acquired while working at a Union 76 station at the age of 16. My boss was in the
    Early Ford V8 Club and I tagged along to a few shows up at Deer Park. It was during that time that my then boss said "hey I have a friend with a 52 F1 shop truck for sale" It only took 1 look at the truck and I HAD to have it! Somewhere along the line the truck had gotten a T-Bird 312 stuck in it and pretty much sat after only putting 20k miles on it. So bye-bye went the ford ranger and here came the 52. Needless to say I have been hooked ever since and regret ever selling that truck!. My current project is a 51 Chevy more door that has had the roof removed by the previous owner. My plans are the usual....nosed, decked, Etc...Etc...Hopefully one day with a little luck and effort it will get a carson top too. This is my first try at actually doing anything body work wise so it's for sure a learning process. Got to start someplace and cutting up a car that’s already cut up makes it all the easier. I am also into old advertising from the 20's to the early 60's. It makes good wall art and is easy to find! Ok enough with the book.

Josh

2. Clark

Clark

I like drunkntit better :D
    Clark

3. fat tire

fat tire

Yeah seems a few others do to.

4. CathyH

CathyH

Welcome from Oklahoma! CH

5. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Welcome, now we have to come up with a twist to fat tire. flat tire? We can be so juvenile around here. :D

6. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

great intro.. welcome

7. Slide

Slide

Welcome!

FWIW, you might oughtta beef up that frame some since the roof is off. The 49-52 Chevy convertibles (the real ones from the factory) had a big X-member in the middle of the frames. The roof has a lot to do with the structural integrity of te frame/body assembly. Otherwise you will prolly have doors flying open when you hit bumps. :eek:

8. trey

trey

shit no. i could go for a fat tire right now.

welcome back.

trey

9. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

Fat 'n Tired?

oh shit... never mind thats me :mad:

:D

Welcome (again?)

10. colorado51

colorado51

Welcome!

Milliken, CO? Man, you are waaay out there!

Hey, I've seen that Chevy before, did you buy it from a guy in Longmont?

He posted a few pictures of it over on chevytalk.com a while back.

11. fat tire

fat tire

Yeah it's nice to get a taste of semi rural living for once in my life :) As for the chevy I bought it from a couple in lochbuie and the guy nuked the roof. I bet your right though its probably the same car. That pic was taken in his garage prior to me getting it. Not much has changed on it as im trying to figure out how to get the body back off the frame (kinda hard though I dont know too many people up this way). Here is a current pic...[​IMG]
    Josh

12. Welcome, From another FNG, I LIke fat tire better. Well if your ever in Wisconsin give us a call and we can tip back a few spotted cows.....Louver dude.

13. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

ROFL

cow tippin's the thang tew dew when the fair aint runnin... lmao