Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Nailhead valve covers !SOON!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buickvalvenut, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Absolutely. I don't do any of my woodcarvings, furniture or car projects for pay. That would take a lot of the fun and therapy out of it. I did sell my '53 Chevy king cab pickup project and am selling the Mysterion clone but didn't build them with an eye for profit. Selling is an afterthought.

Carved the panther to donate to my high school last year at our 50th class reunion. Carved the a ram bust to donate to my grammar school this year.

b-42 done 1.jpg
    IMG_0984.JPG

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  2. Mad_Man

Mad_Man
    from Bend, OR

With the artwork you have already created on the straight 8 you can count me interested, again depending on price.

loudbang likes this.
  3. This thread is awakening the way-back brain cells, the few that are left. About 45 years ago I started making a pattern to cast early Chrysler hemi valve covers. I wanted to make some that mimicked the Ford 427 cammer covers with all the peaks and valleys. Never got very far with it.

4. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I bet some of us would be interested if you gave it a second try.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. 19Fordy

19Fordy

buickvalvenut: You are amazing! It's so refreshing to see that there are still
    passionate old time pattern makers who treat their craft as a work of art. Amazing.
    Easy to see why Dollar General prices are not an option.

6. Gets my vote for top shelf craftsmanship.I also work with wood,those are some fine skills.Subscribed.

CudaChick1968 and loudbang like this.
  7. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Let us know if you ever decide to get into Gen 1 Hemi's... Your molds for your Buick parts look nothing less than FANTASTIC!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.