Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nailhead removal info request

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eagletucky, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

Hey guys,

I'm pulling the nailhead out of my 60 Lesabre and was curious how many bolts are there connecting the engine and the dynaflop trans. Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of? I've never separated one of these before. Thought I would ask before I try. BTW, I already have everything else off, all thats left is the connection at the trans and it should come out.

Thanks in advance.....

2. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

BTW...its a 364 if it matters.

3. PsychoBandito

PsychoBandito
    from Montreal

i beleive there's a clip somewhere inside the tranny that you need to undo. don't quote me though.

4. titus

titus

well if i remember correctly 3, from the "flywheel" and say 6 or so from the bell housing

be glad its not an olds that youd be seperating it from a hydro, youd have about 40 damn fine thread bolts to take out!!!

jeff

5. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Yeah, on the '56 322 I took apart, the torque converter was bolted to the flywheel, and also solidly attached to the transmission. It had to be unbolted from the flywheel. Mine sucked because the engine was seized--I ended up tearing the engine down completely that night, and pulling the crank out to get to the torque converter bolts!

-Brad

6. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

60 Buick has 3 bolts holding the torque converter to the engine plate, and the trans is bolted to the engine via 6 bolts. Also helps to remove the starter.

7. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

10-4...thanks everybody!!!

8. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Sounds like you are in the home stretch. That torque tube must have been fun. Good luck!