Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Nailhead motor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51shoebox, Oct 29, 2014.

1. 51shoebox

51shoebox
    from rialto

Hey guys I'm in So. Cal.in need of ahead for my 215 nailhead motor please let me know if you have locally thanks. 909 644-6030. Ed

2. 51shoebox

51shoebox
    from rialto

3. Not to hassle you, but 215 is not a nailhead as for what most people will think when you say that. You need the head for the 215/300 engine, which is sometimes referred to as "baby nailhead" by folks, but shares nothing with the real nailheads that are completely different engine family.

Since the 215 was sold to British Leyland (Rover, MG, etc.) and was built for many years as the 3500 and some bigger versions, you may be able to use one of those if you can't find one of the the orig GM head castings.

loudbang likes this.
  4. Cool answer 38Chevy454. Great off topic but easy to camouflage engine base. Big cube Rover engine looking like an injected Buick 215......all aluminum to boot. I've done some reading on that fun little engine. Easy 300 horse on something significantly lighter then a SBC.

Call 810-798-2491 8 to 5 EST during the week. D & D.....they love aluminum V8's.
    http://www.aluminumv8.com/tech/tech.htm

5. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I worked at a Buick dealership in the '60s for a short time. There were a A-lole 'mechanics' there that worked flat rate, made up time ($$) by putting #2 Permatex in the threads on the stripped bolts around the timing covers and POUNDING them in with a hammer!
    I delighted every time they had a serious water in the oil comeback....

I liked the little 215, they tuned well, made a lot of H.P. for their size...There was a neat little orange 'T' Turtleback roadster with a 215 in it, homemade intake, 3 Stromberg 48s; DeLong cam, headers, and a cool Mallory Y-L dual point with a Crab cap! Had the little Buick 4 speed.
    Fast little bugger, owner said it weighed 1200 lbs. (San Jose, 1972)

kidcampbell71 likes this.