When I got my 60 LeSabre the motor mounts were toast. After some headaches with the local auto parts stores I got a new set from Nappy, and put them in when I swapped in a 401. Just noticed that the car's doing the same thing it did when they were bad the 1st time. I checked em yesterday, sure enough, the driver's side mount has separated. The rubber has separated from the 2 steel parts. If I step on the gas pretty quickly or just floor the car from a stoplight, the ol dynaflow tries to shift into Low or sometimes goes as far as trying to go into Reverse. I don't have the switch pitch hooked up cuz I'm guessing it'd be worse. 59-60 Buicks have unique motor mounts. If it was a 61-65 I wouldn't bother to ask, I can get those for pretty inexpensive, but they don't fit. Only time I've really thrashed the car and power braked it and put serious stress on the mounts was at the HAMB drags '04 but I don't do that kind of stuff normally. They were fine at the drags and afterwards, till just recently. Need some advice on making/getting a stronger mount for the drivers side, as that's the one that I'm assuming takes the abuse from the torque of the motor trying to split it apart, which is what has happened. I thought about doin the "put a piece of chain over the mount" thing but there's not much room up front where the mounts are located, and there's no place to put some bolts to hold the chain. I sure could use some ideas guys.