Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nailhead 6x2's being repopped!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fraz, May 18, 2004.

1. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I'm glad they're doing it, but it bums me out that it is this guy. He is trying to keep a friend of mine from selling nailhead intake risers on eBay because he told eBay he is patenting them. BS if you ask me. Plus the WCC ripoff logo is funny as shit. Maybe he's gotten his head out of his ass. I hope so cause I want one for my roadster....

3. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Didn't know anything about this guy, just noticed he was repopping the 6x2 intakes and they seemed good.

4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Yeah they look real good. It's real tempting.

5. i'm all for remaking old speed equipment, but there is something about using "rat rod rockabilly old school greaser 32 ford stromberg" to sell t-shirts on ebay....

looks like he bought the eelco trademark. and he is using it to make T-shirts. what a waste. David

6. Of course... Man Could I have sold the shit out of those a few years back...

7. [ QUOTE ]
    I'm glad they're doing it, but it bums me out that it is this guy. Maybe he's gotten his head out of his ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bought a Model A body from him this year. If it was what he described I would have been stoked, but for the $600 EXTRA he charged me to hang a "perfect" quarter panel on it and a couple of "cherry" doors I got a my original completely rusted out quarter panel with a patch panel (warped welds & all) and a couple extra rusty twisted doors that will join the quarter panel in the scrap pile (when I asked him to include the old panel he said "the scrap man already picked it up"- then it mysteriously was NEVER removed from the body). I've basically kept one quarter panel, the back panel and the sub-rails from this described "PERFECT" body that I spent WAYYY too much money on. Trusted him because he had the "one of us"- "you can trust me" story down pat! The dude that delivered the body was 12-hours late (I waited up ALL NIGHT for him cause I couldn't get his number and he didn't bother to call) & didn't know how to back up a truck & trailer! He was pissed at ME because he got a $1000 for shit flying off the truck on his way down, then charged me $300 (was supposed to be 100) for delivering my body after traveling 40 miles out of his way with a full load he was already delivering.
    He's got friends on here- I've told them to say "Hi" for me. Still probably a nice guy, but the whole deal left me pretty bummed and really held up the progress when I was told this body was "ready to bolt on & rust free". I didn't even want to look at it after the truck pulled up- but I felt I wouldn't have gotten anything if I sent it back down the road with the delivery guy. It was already paid for, my mistake- but I really wanted a body.

I must have misunderstood that "THE RUST is FREE". [​IMG]

8. metalshapes

metalshapes
    Tech Editor

Thanks JimA and Zman.
    It is good to know who you'd be dealing with.
    I'll make my own version of a U-Fab instead, it is more fun to build it yourself anyway...

9. Lucky I can repop those 2x2 adaptors over here then!!

Anyone wanna buy THREE of those Eelco shirts for AU$20???!!!

10. suedesled

suedesled
    BANNED

There are two sides to every story and a provisinal patent was applies for an will be granted. You friend bought a set and copied them. Also we recieved permission for the logo. I would like to see everyone enjoy this hobby of ours and try not to be so critical for reasons unknown. I rarely get on message boards but I would hate to see anyone miss out on the effort we have made to make a quality product for no good reason. It's about the cars!

11. suedesled

suedesled
    BANNED

We are not just making T-shirts, But also the linkage, fuel caps, and the fuel tanks are in the works. A complete Stromberg 97 is on the way as well. We are casting half the carb and Stromberg(England) is doing the other half. Sorry to offend anyone with the keywords but we wanted to spread the word.

12. suedesled

suedesled
    BANNED

Hey Jim! First of all I sent you a dozen pics of it and also offered to buy it back when you weren't happy. The shipping was between you and the shipper. I was not a party to it. I stated before and I will again, I will buy the body back from you and I will pick it up in person when we are down there in Oct. I don't understand the complaints on this board when I offered your money back.

13. [ QUOTE ]
    He is trying to keep a friend of mine from selling nailhead intake risers on eBay because he told eBay he is patenting them

[/ QUOTE ]

So which is the TRUE story here?

Zman says his friend is selling INTAKE RISERS. [​IMG]

Suedesled says he's copied a 6x2. [​IMG]

Ah hell, who cares.....Let's ALL screw each other over for a buck!! [​IMG]

14. suedesled

suedesled
    BANNED

The truth is somewhere in the middle since there is always two sides. I think a person needs to do what is right for themselfs but most importantly enjoy this great hobby.

15. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

[ QUOTE ]
    There are two sides to every story and a provisinal patent was applies for an will be granted. You friend bought a set and copied them. Also we recieved permission for the logo. I would like to see everyone enjoy this hobby of ours and try not to be so critical for reasons unknown. I rarely get on message boards but I would hate to see anyone miss out on the effort we have made to make a quality product for no good reason. It's about the cars!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bullshit! We were through all of this on the Nailhead list. There has been no patent applied for, it has been checked with the US patent office. No patent has been applied for. You couldn't/wouldn't come up with proof on the Nailhead list and won't here. Jim has been making those spacers as long if not longer than you. He never bought yours he took an intake gasket and pulled the measurements and made it thick. Big deal. I also told you they have been made as far back as the early 90's that I know of, and probably even longer than that. You are full of shit with your claims and I'm not gonna stand by and let you play your bullshit games. We don't even have to talk about how you fucked Paul around with his motor. Lies, lies, lies. You need to get a grip.

It's making me wonder if Weiand knows your ripping them off now...

16. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Woohoo, I started some controversy. Whee!!!

17. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Actually for me it just moved from the Nailhead list to here...

18. I was delivered something much different than described, it was an ordeal to get it. It's not like a T-Shirt you can put in a box and send back. We went over in detail how guys promise something and deliver something totally different. I don't have a problem keeping the body, I just thought if I didn't get the new quarter panel as promised and paid for you would have offered something other than going through the hassel of returning the body. I never said I wanted a patch panel in the old rusted out top-to-bottom quarter panel- you came up with that at the last minute.Thanks Jim
    Don't know why I have to feel like the bad guy, I sent the money- didn't get what I was promised.