Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects MZKITY 49 Merc Bodgey Chopped Top Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by radgirl, Aug 21, 2012.

1. radgirl

radgirl

Really geez I'd love to see some links :) I have been googling and photobucketing up a storm

2. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

sh...it, why didnt you tell me this before i started pulling and tweaking the body:rolleyes:, well have to find a angle thingy fast as h... and start over before i fuck it up even more, thanks radgirl, u r an (dark)angel:)))

3. radgirl

radgirl

More of an annoyance like a Mosquito than a Dark Angel.

4. Blake84

Blake84

Subscribed love the speed of this thread

5. radgirl

radgirl

Why thank you! I'm a bundle of energy, with an even bigger amount of determination...... If I were a man I think I would have big kahooona's

6. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

:d :d :d
    now i have ordered 2 digital angle thingy, so now i`m gonna straighten the car up:)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  7. lukey

lukey

I'm lovin this build, keep it up!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

8. radgirl

radgirl

Had the worlds shittiest day until I found Peanut Butter M&M's. Walking backwards talking to a customer went Ass over t*t and stacked it. Master 3 stole the keys to my Galaxie, spent all morning looking for them ( found them in the dogs water bowl ) dunno where my head is at..... Ready for this one???? Flat out near running a work today, tuning a car, laptop craps itself so I go into office to get another......turn around to go back to dyno, apprentice has put horse with my rear window across doorway to sweep and I knock it over. Ffffffffff******k!!!!!!! Dunno how but we managed to catch it before it smashed but I've put a small chip in it :-( Waaaaaaaaah need more peanut butter M&M's

9. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

happy monday radgirl:D :D :D :D

10. radgirl

radgirl

11. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

sounds like you need a HUG

12. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

13. radgirl

radgirl

I've decided to buy all new gauges as the old Mercury ones aren't working. I can prob get them going but by the time I do and clean them up I kinda don't mind either way as it's not a resto just a rescue. If anyone is after some gauges they are in ruff condition but by no means no good. Free to a good home if you pay postage and remember I'm in Aus :)

14. jfrolka

jfrolka

I found a pretty good sweet spot with placement of rear windows on mercs.... more of a common finding that flows real nice no matter what chop size...

[​IMG]

You can see the same proportions used on almost all the 50s era merc chops on riksters site.

Your chop is lookin good tho

15. radgirl

radgirl

Wow that's awesome!!!!! I'm at home lunching but I'm going back to shop and I'll take a side pic and compare. Love this so much thanks a bunch :D

16. jfrolka

jfrolka

Your welcome!

I just broke all my tack welds and followed it closely and it has made the biggest difference while working in a tight area and keeping nice proportions.

17. Here's a rear veiw of that same Merc....
    [​IMG]

18. If you look at my Merc,the rear window is up farther.
    [​IMG]

Rear shot...
    [​IMG]

Radgirl,there's 100's of Merc pic's on the HAMB Merc Club Thread. I know it's long,but you should take a look.

19. radgirl

radgirl

Ok you win ;-) I will join and take a looksee you've inspired me xxxx

20. Here is mine getting set up.
    You can see how much I moved it forward.
    The height was made to clear the parcel tray.

[​IMG]

A later pic. Chop still not finished though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. jfrolka

jfrolka

22. jfrolka

jfrolka

Here is my heap for reference... I tweaked a bit since this photo... Its a heavy chop as well, but the window placement is very original with the low lid height

[​IMG]

23. jfrolka

jfrolka

24. jfrolka

jfrolka

25. radgirl

radgirl

http://nakedgirlwithamicrophone.tumblr.com/post/33762487034/not-too-shabby

Mine so far so I've done OK I guess. I wish I was able to start with a straight roof and not have to fix almost everything. I love the smooth window line to the boot on Bob's it's exactly what I was looking for. My window is down a fair bit more but being an Aussie I guess it's breed into us to love the sloper look. Just picked up my laptop so no more links to my Tumblr yay!!!!

26. Well you are the only one who doesn't like it.
    I can't see that yours is too different to mine anyway.:confused:
    And yes, I am well aware of Ricksters site. Been visiting there for many years.

27. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

I think the person that did the work on your car and my shoebox were"mates" because they sure knew the same tricks.

28. BoB Beeman

BoB Beeman

A Nube you may be . But I love the look

29. radgirl

radgirl

Thanks me too. As for what I'm going to do with the lack of door frames etc not too sure yet. I will either test my fab skills or find some donor doors. I'm not too fussed about where the window placement is exactly I just didn't like the lip under the window. I like them all as long as they're smooth. I know I sound like a fence sitter but hey I own a 49 Merc ;-) I'm not about to let a little thing like Merc window envy start me up lol.

30. Radgirl , you might find door frames off a single or twinspinner are the same section . Might save you fabbing from scratch ?