Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Mystery T image

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by gnichols, Nov 13, 2015.

1. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

Wow, that's interesting. Not only the hop-up history, but the (possible) Ed Iskenderian connection. Cool.

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

That is a really cool picture, and the story behind it just makes it even better. Thanks for posting it.

4. My favorite photo on the internet. The inspiration for my own T project. There is so much going on in that photo.

volvobrynk likes this.

5. alchemy

alchemy

Very cool pic and deciphering of the components. Some I noticed (front springs), but lots I never would have picked up on (Ruckstell rear, and rear body line cut down). I wonder what the missing steering wheel hoop does for the performance?

6. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Not that I'm an expert by no means, but wasn't there a way of doing things, running early chevy frame, front axle and springs.
    And install a Ford rear end because it's stronger then the chevy counterpart, so the three springer was born.

But this is a nice one, in my book.

The steering wheel looks like an early chevy one exposed to the elements, and that migth have been helped in some way.

Does the HAMB agree on it being a Ford A trans and engine, or could it be a chevy with an olds head.

Like an early Spurgin and geovanni car

7. T engine. See the hogshead under the car just above the dog's head? I would think you'd be able to see the exhaust if it were a standard T head...my guess is an OHV (Rajo? Roof?)

8. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

With all do respect there is very few items I can spot and ID in the dark, and non of them is bellhousing of a Model T. Sorry

But that's still a nice rod.

9. The pic was taken in 1938 so it's not number 1 by a long shot!! Gow #1 was probably in like 1903 or something.

gwhite likes this.
  10. That wasn't a swipe at you..."I'd think you'd..." is a common Texas expression meaning "I figure" or "I guess".

kidcampbell71 and volvobrynk like this.
  11. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

'Cut down and Suped up'. Epitome of Gow. A Grand daddy of Gow-jobs, for sure. Note windshield stanchions, and w/s frame...swept back, chopped.
    "Twenty Three Skidoo!!!"

12. Squablow

Squablow

I remember reading somewhere that when Isky bought his T, the price was $25, or $20 without the turtle deck, so he bought it without and got another at a junkyard for $2. I wonder if this really is his car, if that would account for the lack of bodywork on the back.

13. The '03 car likely got stripped after some guy let his wife drive for the first time!!!!

14. flyin-t

flyin-t

There's not a person in the world that can see the hogshead in this picture, not even Mr. Model T, because the hogshead is on the top of the crankcase, accessible from the inside of the car. What can be clearly seen, to me anyway, is the unmistakable shape of a Model T crankcase. Model T's did not have a bellhousing. Sorry.
    It may or may not have a Ruckstell, if the shot was from the other side of the car it's be obvious. It could have a Warford, it wouldn't be visible from this angle, if it was a lower side shot, then we could see.

This shot is from the mid to late 1920s, dropped axles, chopped windshields, and raised rear cross members, long before the car in question.
    [​IMG]

My old friend Gabbys T, 1933.
    [​IMG]

My all time favorite cut down, that grill was almost brand new.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  15. 2racer

2racer

The only thing you can say for sure is that the dog is laying down on the job...

volvobrynk likes this.