Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Mystery Shoe, Vanished?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pimpin paint, Oct 14, 2009.

1. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

.............and I'm not talkin' Cindirella's either!

Hey, the 60s & 70s were good, but not that good- Over the weekend, there was a kustom project in the classified "Cars for Sale" section, a chopped, sectioned Shoebox Ford, 'bout the same size of a '57 Thunderbird. It was in Nu Yawk or somewhere's about?
    Well, come Monday or so, no photo, no record no nuthin' zip, zilch, nada , not even carbon tracks of it on the HAMB? Now I been havin' trouble with short term memory loss, damn fumes, but I know I saw this.......or not? Twylite Zone material?

Swanky Devils C.C.
    " Humpty Dumpty was pushed !"

2. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

3. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

i saw it too,,,that car ruled

4. F&J

F&J

That's what is called "out of the box" thinking.

It reminds me of the 50s when ex GI's were building "sports cars" out of US made cars.

I kinda think it could be pretty cool...

5. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Hey, I live in Amherst, could be a cool little deal there...

6. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

i just got ill.....

7. Out of the shoebox thinking.

I'm not sure I like it as-is, but if you restyled it with some late 50s touches it could be pretty killer.

8. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

That has a lot of potential.

9. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I dunno, I kinda like it. Looks like a hell of a lot of work though!

10. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Yeah,

I was seein' a kinda Jaguar 120-150 Type or a Talbot Lago vibe to the front fenders, where the end of the fenders are turned into knife blade shapes like the '61 Lincoln Continentals. Headlamps moved inboard, and faired into hood, a custom built ''fencer's mask'' for the grille, pancake the hood panel, interior redone in leather "bisket'' in colour, dash wood grained al la Facel Vega, Chrome wires & whitewall all wheels, body channeled 4'', small ''fins'' via '61 Cadillac leaded into tops of quarter panels, stock ''windsplints'' lowered on quarter panel with lamp removed and whole panel changed into character line panel. Whole car shot in Cadillac "Firemist'' type colour, in acrylic lacquer, probably "Champagne" in colour with some pearl tossed in the clear.

Shit, it will cost more in diesel to ship it to So Cal than he's askin for it!

Swanky Devils C.C.
    " Nemo Me Imdune Lacessit"

11. the front shot says kaiser to me and the side karman ghia