Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mystery GA yellow RPU

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roadracer, Aug 10, 2007.

1. roadracer

roadracer

Ok, let's see how quickly this gets answered, I'm expecting less than an hour :D

My friend (UK artist and bodyman extraordinare) Paul Barrow bought a Model A sedan body back in '98 when he visited me in Atlanta, GA and I was brand new here myself then so I have no idea who he bought it from - but today I found pictures of a car at the place where he bought it.

I'm assuming this RPU was owned by the same guy who sold Paul his A..any ideas? Love to re-visit and talk shit with whoever this was!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and here's Paul's A as it was then. I've seen it since and I don't know if it's gone public yet but it's finished and stunning now..see a rendering here

[​IMG]

2. I've never seen it. A town or county may help.

3. roadracer

roadracer

Yeah, I wish I could remember. I was new in this country and didn't know the area at all. Just followed directions without knowing where I was going. If I had to guess I'd say somewhere on the west-side (your side, right?) like mableton. No idea why I think that though, so could be way off.

Just hoping that someone would recognise it..

4. I remember seeing that pickup,,,seems like the last time I saw it was at one of the North Atlanta Rod Runs,,,but that was a long time ago,,,,HRP

5. JasonB

JasonB

He is a buddy of mine, his name is Brad Davis. He lives in Snellville near Stone Mtn. The truck still looks the same, but has cheater slicks on it now.

6. roadracer

roadracer

Awesome, thanks Jason! Is Brad on here?

Well, let him know that his old A sedan got built into one of the top UK rods (IMO :D)

Wasn't even close with my Mableton guess :eek:

7. tikinailhead

tikinailhead

no mableton is on the west side snell ville is on the east side about 50 miles apart. but who cares glad you found the info.