Register now to get rid of these ads!

Myrtle Beach Run to the Sun March 20-22 2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by motoandy, Jan 14, 2014.

1. The show and swap meet are on the same grounds. The vendor area typically set off to one side. The best day to hunt parts is arguably Thursday and the best day for the show is by far Saturday. There is likely to be a little over 3000 cars there Saturday like last year. Be prepared to walk!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Junk yards= NO
    Hotrod shops= no

As far as the swap meet. Mostly new vendors, but what vintage, recycled stuff that shows up is best to hunt on thursday and friday morning. This show has grown over the years. Don't get your hopes up if you are trying to find that diamond in the ruff. Charlotte Autofair in April is one of the best for that around these parts.

Please come to the meet and greet saturday afternoon from 4pm-8pm at the state park.

3. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Hopefully mother nature is running out of cold,wet precipitation. Hopefully weather will be good in March.

4. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

5. 3 weeks out

6. Correction- 4 weeks. Take it easy- have a drink

7. Only 4 weeks? So if I go set up camp at the grounds tomorrow, I'll have my pick of the best spot?

8. I think some guys have chairs already laid down in the better parking spots?

9. Srv64

Srv64

I heard acme bar& grill is cool to hangout at in murrells inlet

10. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Guys, I just got back from a day at the Myrtle Beach state park with the Family. The site we have for the meet and greet is nice and will be perfect. Plenty of parking and parking spaces. There are bathrooms, and a kids playground close to the cabana. You can hang on the beach, go on the pier if you have kids and family coming. Saturday March 22nd, 4-8 pm.....

Really hope you will consider being a part of this First Annual Event

11. Can hardly wait Andy.

12. Srv64

Srv64

Any drag strips near myrtle beach?

13. Yes, but... PM me for details.

14. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

That is pretty damn funny. Scott do you need to borrow one of my chairs to use?

15. Nah, we''ll just drag the suburban up there and dump it off, or at least the tv antennae and wing spoiler. That'll be good to secure a spot or two.

16. tattoodj

tattoodj
    from sc

im there..hoping to have body back on by then

17. toucan

toucan
    from sc

bought some more solo cups!

18. Hope they are red!

19. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've never been to this event before bu the wife and I are going to try to make it. Where is the best place to stay, all things (location, parking, food, etc) considered?

20. Motoandy will be sporting a new headliner...

Attached Files:

• 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      191.1 KB
      Views:
  21. Hey, Andy...I'm coming down this weekend to set up my chair! Which one is yours? :D

22. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

It is usually beside my collection of crying babies.

23. Looking good Jim!

24. Looks great Jim!

25. That looks awesome Jim!!

I bet Andy's glad he got the right guy.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014

26. As far as location, the Host Hotel is right across the street from the show. Food? Food is everywhere, you can't go many blocks in Myrtle without finding food. As far as parking, what did you need to park? If you need a spot for a trailer, Jim has offered space, and I have a large parking lot behind my shop, only a few blocks from the show.

27. Rockable, Look back to this thread and you will see several hotels/resorts listed that are close to the show. Food is never an issue in Myrtle Beach. There are restaurants everywhere! If you get lucky, you might find a place to catch some minigolf too.

Treat yourself to some good seafood and head down south to Murrells Inlet. I recommend Russell's Seafood. It is the last restaurant on the right on business 17. Tell Russell Scott with the panel truck sent you. Try the shrimp and grits. If that does not sound good the Russell Burger is fantastic.

28. Of course, come to the meet and greet Saturday evening! These guys are grill masters. No one has made me sick yet!