Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My "You didn't build that" 27 T Roadster build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daddio211, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daddio211

daddio211

Thanks guys!

Always good to see Steve and Keven, you aren't coming down this year Kurt?

Not sure if I'll make Viva this year but I'm trying. I'm in Central Utah on a huge (previously mentioned) project and won't be home until Saturday afternoon. Still aiming to make it but I hate missing that show. Still, if we make it we'll have a great time.

Bob is still plugging away on the roadster. In fact, I think he got a lot more parts in paint this past week or two. I'd know but haven't been up recently. Work is insanely busy and I've been having some health issues.

About the only thing I can show and tell is a photo Bob sent last week of the newly constructed firewall. Sorry, hope to have more soon. Work should slow again in July and we'll be back in the swing.

1397532629631.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  2. The firewall looks good and you take care of your self. JW :)

3. No VIVA for me I am in your boat work is picking up. Firewall is looking good. Hope you get feeling better.

4. pennafxu

pennafxu
    from Kentucky

Looking good boss!

5. hey Eric fyi I'll be down your way next week kicking around the idea of bringing the A if I can get a few things worked out. I'll give you a call when I get there.

6. daddio211

daddio211

Sounds great brother! Yes, please call. I've moved since last time so gimme a shout and I'll give you the new address.

One of the huge projects I've been working on took longer than expected and I've been out of town for the past 3 weeks, getting home for very short weekends. Project one should be wrapped up this week, project 2 starts Monday. Much closer to home, thankfully.

Bob's still toiling away. Paint and clear were supposed to fly last week but weather has been crazy. Lots and lots of wind and 30 degree swings in temp from one day to the next. Haven't spoken with him in a week.

Regarding LARS, obviously the car won't be making the trip. We may or may not either. In addition to all of the work I have going on we decided to buy a house again and will be moving June/July. Looking forward to the 40' x 40' shop in the backyard!

I'll post more updates as I get them from Bob, or if/when I get up there again.

Attached Files:

• i40.jpg
      i40.jpg
      File size:
      9.6 KB
      Views:
    • i41.jpg
      i41.jpg
      File size:
      7.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    rebarsfords likes this.
  7. Wow, nice digs! Congrats on the wide open spaces.

8. b-bop

b-bop

Nice shop Daddio, looks like a great spot for a hoist in that center bay :)

9. Mark Fox

Mark Fox

I have workshop envy!

10. There goes your coupe dream down the drain 4 now.
    K00L little shop Eric

11. daddio211

daddio211

Okay, trying the new site and so far I'm digging it. Has a Mac kind of feel, and being a PC and Android guy I don't mind it.

Wife and I stopped by Bob's last weekend and visited. Yes, Bob is still toiling away. He's built a number of patch panels and installed them, has made a new firewall, has installed some bracing and more.

Weather has been weird as hell lately, tough to paint in a home shop. When the temperature is good it's windy as hell, but he has tons of other things to work on.

Here's a few pics from our visit.

12. daddio211

daddio211

Well, still trying the photo thing...

Attached Files:

13. Hey Eric, digging what Bobs done and loving your new digs. Take care mate. JW :)

daddio211 likes this.
  14. daddio211

daddio211

Well fellas, envy my shop no more. The owner started playing games; wanted $10,000 more after the offer was accepted, refused to fix things he had given us a verbal on, etc. We backed out and got our earnest money back, but I'm still pretty chapped about the whole ordeal. I'm not so sure it wasn't my realtor in the middle that screwed the whole deal either. Oh well, back to hot rods!

Bob, of course, has been making progress. The frame was painted again a few weeks ago and turned out great!
    IMAG1167.jpg
    IMAG1168.jpg

Parts waiting to be installed:
    IMAG1170.jpg

15. daddio211

daddio211

After a few days of curing Bob cut and buffed it and the result is nothing short of amazing! Unfortunately my HTC One is having issues and can't take a photo worth a crap...

Uh oh, this may have to wait. Looks like the server isn't responding to any more "upload a file" requests at the moment...

16. Get after it, ya still got a week and 1/2 to have it for LARS

17. daddio211

daddio211

I think Shockwave crashed on my PC, not a HAMB server issue. Let try again...

After a few days of curing Bob cut and buffed it and the result is nothing short of amazing! Unfortunately my HTC One is having issues and can't take a photo worth a crap...
    IMAG1209.jpg
    IMAG1210.jpg

And body work on the cowl continues...
    IMAG1172.jpg

I received a big shipment of goodies from Speedway the other day (RIP Speedy Bill, thanks for lots of good deals and good parts!) that included new 9" commercial headlights, a '32 cowl vent mechanism (gotta have a cowl vent!), a master cylinder, some brake lines, column mounted blinker control and a few other goodies.

I also received a shipment from Gennie Shifter. For some reason I thought they had gone out of business, but they're still around and give GREAT customer service! Shifter mechanism, swan neck, knob, boot, Model A type handbrake and cables and a few t-shirts and I'm a happy camper! Guys, this stuff is A+ quality! Make sure you check them out at www.gennieshifter.com too. They should become an Alliance Vendor, I'd give them the highest marks possible, and I know a lot of us prefer them to Lokar.

Made an executive decision on the car last week. I'm yanking the PowerGlide and putting in a 200R4. The rear gears are 4.11:1, the rear tires are 30" tall and although it'd be fun around town a highway friendly 3.00:1 gear set would make it a DOG at the stoplights. So we're keeping the 4.11's and building an automatic overdrive. It will make the car a lot more fun for her to drive!

Have a great week fellas!

Gennie Shifter likes this.
  18. Didn't I tell ya to put a 200 in it 2 years ago or was I talkin 2 the wall. Musta been talkin 2 the wall.

daddio211 likes this.
  19. daddio211

daddio211

Meh, what do you know. LOL

I decided making it enjoyable was more important than making it neato. Not that there's anything wrong with the 200!

20. Hey, if you were only interested in neato, you would've used a 75 year old gearbox. Enjoyable trumps neato if yer talkin' about a driver. Lookin' good and we're waiting for final assembly! Gonna happen next week in time for LARS, right? :D

daddio211 likes this.
  21. daddio211

daddio211

Yep! And I'm going to drive to Maine then back JUST in time for the festivities!

Seriously though, I'm not too concerned about when its done. Bob keeps apologizing, saying this is the worst time he's ever had building a car time-wise. Between being sick and family things he's taken a lot longer than anticipated. Plus I've changed a few things, and the issue with the condition of the body set the project back too. No worries. Right now I'm too damned busy to do anything with it anyway!

22. Are you sure that colour is correct Eric? ;)

I always prefer Gennie parts over the other brand.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    Gennie Shifter and daddio211 like this.
  23. But you're still going to LARS, right?

24. Bumma about your new pad:(. On the bright side, all the new work on the T looks magic, but are those your finger nails? ........no dirt:rolleyes: !!!! I remember asking you a year ago about LARS and it was in sight , well ive given up on deadlines too...done when done. Looking damn good buddy. JW :)

25. daddio211

daddio211

Um, errr... That IS the plan but without the roadster I'm not certain. I have a few kids who think Father's Day should be spent with me, so we'll have to see. If the roadster was ready I'd do the executive order thing. I do have a room reserved....

Hey! Don't be baggin' on my clean hands, I admitted I'd been working, LOL. My work varies greatly, from pulling fiber optic underground and terminating, to programming VoIP PBX's which is what the majority of my last two months have been.

1402002125793.jpg

It pays the bills.

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  26. Looking great. Sorry about the real estate deal:(. Looking forward to today's pics:D.

Wow, that wiring is crazy! Must do a good job of paying the bills- talent.

daddio211 likes this.
  27. daddio211

daddio211

It was cleaned up after this, I took this about 1/2 way through the project. This was on of three closets, networked together via fiber optic, transported via VoIP. It's fun, even after 25 years.

Thinking about picking this up, maybe throw a for sale sign on it at LARS. Checked it out today, nice car all around!
    1402026312480.jpg
    1402026326680.jpg
    1402026342349.jpg

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  28. Go for it,super clean coupe. JW

redzula and daddio211 like this.
  29. Crookshanks

Crookshanks

Frame is looking awesome man. Little by little they say. Lemme know if you come to LARS. Would love to hookup.

daddio211 likes this.
  30. daddio211

daddio211

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.