Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My wife told me I'm out of control-another '40

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 0nedon, Apr 4, 2018.

1. 0nedon

0nedon

20180404_135513[1].jpg 20180404_135257[1].jpg I don't know maybe I'm paying too much for them??. I found this on a web site called next tec here in Ks. The guy had it orig. for 6500. had it on ther for atleast 6 mo. the I saw it said motivated seller! I called and it was about a 2 1/4 hr. drive so I asked how motovaited he was. He responded make me an offer around 2 k. So I went and looked with trailer. It is a deluxe,org. car already blasted, all int. garnish blasted, 2 sets front fenders,2 sets running boards,deluxe grill and very nice hood AND a std. grill (I needed it for the first one I bought) extra trunk. New stuff from Bob Drake: elect. window kit.,wiring kit. guage panel,inner fenders (+2-sets of org.). door rear view mirrors,door handles and latches, windshield seal, rear window seals, emblems, hubcaps, new tail pan to weld in, some boxes I haven't went through. There is no running gear or wheels,no steering-- but for 1800. I bought it-was it to much?

2. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

It was too much. I'll run by and bail you out on the $1800 and pick it all up, just give me a shout!:D

Nice score.

3. billsat

billsat

You should have had a mask on. I think you got a steal.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    LOU WELLS and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. Note....drop OneDon from Christmas card list....

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

ya did real good - going to build it for your wife?

6. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

You should feel guilty and seek therapy!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. the-rodster

the-rodster

STEALING.. is against the law.

:)

Rich

8. Out of Control? In complete control I would of thought.
    Great score for sure.

9. 392

All good, shit happens. Did fine.

10. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

11. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Just to save your marriage I would take it off your hands...

12. southcross2631

southcross2631

I know guys who spent twice as much for half the car. You did real good.

13. jailbar joe

jailbar joe

mate that car would pull $20,000 over here in aus as it is on that trailer ....well done

14. Benny's Ford

Benny's Ford

15. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Wow, talk about being at the right place at the right time, a shrewd investment. Looks to be a cherry body and well worth haggling the price down. :D

16. catdad49

catdad49

Hey Hon, look what followed me home! Great score.

17. 0nedon

0nedon

Thanks for the support guys, I told her I've just been lucky this past few months- my never find another in who knows how long. Seems like luck has been with me and the time to buy is when you see it. If I find any more for this kind of price I don't think I should pass it up- intrest at the bank isn't paying anything. Anyway after your post I think she trusts you guys judgement more than mine. What really drew me to it was the extra std. grill, needed it for the first one I bought. There is another on the list I found this one on: 1940 ford 2 dr, missing running boards, grill inserts, has a nova front welded already and a 10" rear. Its about 3 hrs. from me. said it will need a floor- wants 1900. says pretty firm.

catdad49 likes this.
  18. Ya stole that sucka. Its a good investment if nothing else, you can sell it for more than that. Some women just can't understand our hobbies and desires, they understand jewelry, furniture, dressing up and shopping for stuff they don't need , ....just like we do.

19. How do you not buy them when they are priced that reasonable? you did good. HRP

20. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

You won the lottery.

I'd pass on that other one though since it's been hacked on and to keep peace in the house. Let someone else have it and get to work putting this one together. But that's just what I'd do.

21. 0nedon

0nedon

Makes sense I will prob. take your advise. Thanks

patmanta likes this.
  22. Like this one..some deals are too good to pass up.
    Well done!

23. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

I'm reminded of what one of my pals called my deal to by a great car at a bargain price.
    He said it was a "felony buy!":D

24. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Looks like you got one hell of a deal .

25. People have done hard time for pulling off heists smaller than that!! Great score..........

26. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Looks like a case of Grand Theft Auto to me. I never find deals like that......glad you did. In a recent discussion on the HAMB the rod-ster was looking for a standard grill and I noticed the Drake grill if Bob Drake had one would be around $1500.00. So I would say you did pretty well on this deal.

27. Squablow

Squablow

I agree it was a great deal, and I too would probably pick out my favorite of the two, then clean the other one up and sell it off, could possibly recoup your entire investment in the pair or even come out ahead and have a free '40 Ford, can't beat that.

It really goes to show it's worth following up on some of these ads for cars for sale, even if the price seems high, sometimes they're ready to dump stuff cheap and you just don't know until you check into it.