Register now to get rid of these ads!

History My Uncontrollable Urge '32 Ford Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Payne, Sep 28, 2009.

1. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

That's what hot rodding is about...

2. Marcy

Marcy

Go Billy!
    Gauges look a lot like my 29 Essex panel but even fancier, I'm thinking I saw it on a fancier top of the line Hudson at this year's HET meet---maybe start a "What's this?" thread.

Marcy

3. Marcy,
    I will to that and start another thread on identifying the instrument cluster.

To everyone else,

Thanks for all the positive complements. The current plan is to leave the body the way it is, button up a few details on the frame, and add a mirrored stainless flat firewall to the car. I also might color match the cowl top, rocker panels, and deck lid because its always been a goal of mine to show the roadster on Father's Day at the L.A. Roadster Show and to get in you need to have a fully painted roadster.

4. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

Awesome Billy.
    I appreciate the pics.
    There is a lot of sentiment with that car.
    I helped your dad install that monster rear end, front suspension,
    and motor mounts at OZ's old shop downtownish.
    Keep me updated. Thanks, Russ.

I am ALWAYS at Father's day LA Roadster show camping in the swap meet.
    If they don't consider the paint worthy, park it with the poor people next to swap meet,
    which is where the REAL party people hang along with their cool trad rides.

I acquired another deuce. Here it is. I changed a few more things since this foto.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  5. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Wow, this is nice!

Attached Files:

6. I will definitely keep everyone updated on the progress this winter. An I'll keep an eye out for you in the swap meet, if I make it down for the Roadster show next June.

Hopefully you didn't change too much that Vicky is awesome just the way it is. Beauty rings and caps and I'd make that my everyday driver.

7. kisam

kisam

What a great story. I got goosebumps over the pic with you and the original builder!

8. 455HOGT37

455HOGT37
    from Mojave, Ca

First off: COOL CAR! The story that goes with it is interesting too, as it is very much in common with my own. I too inherited the family heirloom Deuce when my Dad passed in February 2004. This was his first car though, and he has owned it since 1950. Though it has not been driven since the mid 50's, like yours, it wears the same coat of paint (in this case, metalic blue) that is sported back when it was a terror on the streets. I'll likely slap it together and drive it "as is" for a while. I intend to keep it as correct to the period as I can, to include a big triple carbed flattie. I'm torn with the decision about the trans and rear end though. I have the stock 32 parts, but I would really like to run a T-5 and a 57 (smooth) 9 inch so that I can at least drive the thing in some kind of comfort. I've also picked up some Buick front drums. Beyond those few "modern" mods, I want it just like back in the day. It will allways be "Dad's 32" so I want to keep it "his" as much as possible.

Best of luck with yours!

Mike

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Bitchin ass car.....I am envyous.

10. autobilly

autobilly

What a bitchin roadster! I dig everything, but especially the deco cluster. Extra cool that it has family history too.

11. Very cool story and good luck with your '32 as well. I agree with getting your deuce on the road, as is, and the fastest way possible. That way you can enjoy the car on the road, working the bugs out as you go, instead of just staring at it in the garage like me. If I would have thrown my roadster together like Chris' Model A roadster. I'd be money ahead and way further along on the build.

12. very cool. love that in your face huge qc rear.

13. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Awesome story, awesome car, thanks for sharing it with us!

14. -Brent-

-Brent-

I dig that seat upholstery!

15. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

awesome-keep going!

16. Beautiful car, just when I thought it couldn't look any better - I saw the vintage pics with the fenders on. Any updates????

17. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Yes we need some update:D

18. Looks awesome. Super fine wheel and tire combo.......Hope ya don"t paint it .

19. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Great story!.....over the top Historical car... Enjoy the Hell out of it!

20. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

Hey Billy, I know your dad is proud. I tried to talk him into helping it get put together many times but he was adament about collecting all those perfect parts first. I did help him do the chassis at OZ's old shop. I remember going to Jack's house north of town with your dad to hear the stories and about Deer Park drag strip.
    I will always cherish the memories of good times and trips together with Bill and at swap meets when you were young.