Register now to get rid of these ads!

My trip to the 50's in Minnesota

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40Standard, Jun 18, 2008.

1. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

fine tuned the 40 over the weekend cause I'm leaving for St Paul and the Back to the 50's show. Never been to Minnesota before. If you see me, wave

2. vintage tin

vintage tin

good times. I'll wave.

3. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Supposed to be great weather for it, sunny and 80 degrees.

4. don't take I-94 West from Milwaukee, Wis. to Madison, Wis., it has a closed section due to flooding. They are building a temporary cross over from the westbound lanes to the east bound lanes. That will result in one lane going east and west which, will cause some major slow downs and backups.

I suggest that, you check with the State Patrol offices or DOT in the states that, you are traveling thru. Major flooding in Wis., Iowa, etc. and this weekend most of the rivers and streams will be cresting above flood level. May have some effect in Illinois.

Good luck.

5. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

thank you for the heads up

6. Nitrobaron

Nitrobaron

We just came back form the HRR in Bowling Green, passing through Indy on the way back to Minnesota. I took 74 east out of Indy and then caught 39 north at Normal/Bloomington. There is some construction near Rockford but it wasn't bad (and only one 1$ toll). Once you hit Madison, WI it is clear sailing.
    We have ben taking this route the last 5 years to aviod Chicago, which has always had horrible traffic and delays (not HAMB friendly).

The 74 to 39 route is a few miles longer, but the traffic is light and it is all feeway. I have sat in Chicago traffic too many times, I won't go near it unless that is my destination.

We made the Indy to St. Paul trip in a little less than 11 hours on monday comming home (staying with traffic).

Good luck, hope you enjoy Back to the Fifties!

7. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

When I road raced we took I39 south from Rockford to I 80 even to go to Michigan, a lot faster than going through Chicago.

8. Nitrobaron

Nitrobaron

Ohhh, I just read my post, It is 74 WEST out of Indy to 39 North. Sorry, and yes, I get lost alot!

9. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

hey hope to see you on the road!

10. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon. If you've never been to the '50's, your not going to believe it! Weather is supposed to be great, but I haven't heard the bug forcast. With all this wet weather, it could be bad..

11. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

So I heard that some of the roads south of the Dells are pretty bad. I hope to get on 90 at Madison and head up thursday morning.