Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Trip to Deuce Day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kan't spell, Jul 22, 2013.

1. I was one of the easterners at Deuce Days, from Illinois. A group is already planning the trip for 2016. Any other easterners interested? PHIL
    [​IMG]

2. Fedman

Fedman

I am bumping this up to ask about the show.
    Fedwoman was getting cabin fever on the weekend and wanted to start planning some trips for next year.
    She found us a Hotel room in Victoria for Deuce Days 2016, I am NOT a Car Show person that can park and sit all day long doing nothing so...........
    If I take our 32 can you come and go as you like? Is there a lot of other Cars on display or are they parked of by themselves? I am tempted to participate in this show for some reason, and I would just like to have a feel for what it is all about.
    Thanks in advance for any and all info.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  3. While this is a multi day event, the static show is on Sunday. The streets in downtown Victoria are closed. The deuces are parked early, before 7am, before the thousands of spectators arrive. Seems like something on the order of 700 to 800 deuces. Non Deuce rods are in a separate area close by. When award ceremony ends the rods are all expected to leave within an hour or so. The downtown streets are then reopened.
    After the 2013 event, the word was that there would not be another one. Subsequently the 2016 event was announced. No way to no if there will be another one after that.
    Great time! Long ride for some of us!

Fedman likes this.
  4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Man, I guess I better get a visa huh! how does that work now, honeymooned in Victoria in 83, don't remember needing one then.
    I've been following this event for many years, it's been on my bucket list, sounds like I might not have many more chances.

5. Fedman

Fedman

I have been watching it too! I think it looks like a fun event.
    All Victoria needs is sunny weather and the Downtown area is as pretty as they come.
    Having 32's parked everywhere is not going to hurt the view either! :p
    Being that I only live a short Ferry Ride away, I really should not miss this show, especially if there might not be another.

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I will be there with my wife and daughter, hemideuce is going, HB32 is going. I think HotRodDon is coming up. Doug, you should come. Fedman, where are you staying? PM if you want. We should definitely organize a meet n greet. KantSpell are you coming this time? SS34coupe?

7. What are the dates?

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

9. Fedman

Fedman

This is shaping up to be a really fun event by the looks of it! :)
    George, I will PM you where we are staying.
    A meet and greet is a great idea, we should do this.
    DDDenny it is a Passport now that is required at the Border.
    Get yourself one and come on up, it is still as pretty as it was in 1983.

10. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

We made hotel reservations in mid October and will make the 2175 mile drive in July. A long drive but beautiful country and lots of places to visit. Looking forward to it!

11. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

I first went in 2010 , thinking that this would be a one and done event . I had such a great time that I went back in 2013 , and will be returning again in July for a third time . I find a different route every time , and next year is shaping up to another great road trip .

12. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

I attended the 2010 and 2013 shows. I'm planning to attend the 2016 show as it's just a ferry ride away. This time I think I'll participate in the poker run and cruise on Saturday as I only showed up for the Sunday part the last 2 times. I can't wait! The '13 show was awesome. More deuces of every model in one place than you'll see anywhere else. It's great

13. Hey, George. I'm planning on going again. Hopefully I'll have my car back together and my buddy's roadster done in time. I don't have a room booked yet but I did send in the registration a couple months ago.

Feldman, Don't worry about sitting and doing nothing. Last time I found enough stuff to keep me busy that I parked my car in the morning and didn't go back to it till it was time to leave.

Fedman likes this.
  14. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

I would be interested from Indiana

15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Man, you better get a room! I booked mine a couple months ago, a lot of places I tired were either full or close to full then!

16. earlymopar

earlymopar

Geez, it's a shame that no good looking cars showed up (tongue firmly buried in cheek)! Gorgeous stuff. This one really epitomizes "Hot Rod" to me. This is about as perfect as you could get, color and all.
    [​IMG]

54reno and 63fdsnr like this.
  17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I checked out your pinhead lounge page, man that's some nice work!

18. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Oh man, your not kidding Fedman.
    We did the Anacortes/Friday Harbor/Victoria/Anacortes ferry chingo, beyond beautiful.
    You and @falcongeorge gotta know that it pains me (litteraly) to say I gotta bow out on this one. Having an "epidural" shot today in my neck, pretty sure it's just gonna put off the inevitable surgery (second one).
    On top of that; my roadeter is in a million pieces, and it looks like it will stay that way for some time. I have faith you guys will cover it with plenty of photos.
    Thanks for the invite guys.

19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Bummer Doug. Hope your back is ok. You will be missed.

20. Cabriolethiboy
    Looks like one from Asheville, nc, one from central Illinois and one or two from Madison, Wi. I have reserved my room, not sure yet that I want to go again. I will keep you in touch. I will get your email from my friends in Muncie-Anderson area.
    Phil

21. Just booked my room this past weekend. Plan on taking my A-bomb.
    It's not a car show..... it's an event!

falcongeorge likes this.
  22. Fedman

Fedman

On the Website they talk about a Poker Run on the Saturday of the Event.
    I Downloaded the Registration Entry Form and no mention of the Poker Run.
    Has anyone participated before in the poker Run? Is it separate from the Show?
    I think the Poker run sounds like a fun Drive around the Victoria area and I would like to take part in it.

23. The poker run is part of the event. Starts fairly early on Sat morning. They space out the cars at the start, so we were in the staging area for awhile, maybe an hour. It ended at a large gathering place, a large ranch. There was food available there. Bring your chairs, it's a good time to look at cars and visit with friends.

24. We did the Poker Run last time and I don't think it was something you had to register for ahead of time.

25. Already registered, Got our room even got ferry reservations. Bunch of us are leaving from SoCal and making a bit of a cruise up to the event. Will be stopping at by buddy's home in Surrey BC before the event.

falcongeorge likes this.
  26. Fedman

Fedman

Thanks for the info on the Poker Run,
    Can't wait to get there now, fingers crossed on the weather! :)

27. Ya, not a lot of choices. Booked my room on the weekend.

28. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

I
    It's Victoria!! The weather is always nice over there!