Register now to get rid of these ads!

History My Tour of Americas Car Collection....Now that everything is for sale!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evel, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Splinter

Splinter

Hey, where were YOU last night? One of the guys from Mustangs Etc. was there, forget his name, I was wearing a Church shirt, he said-"Coby's a buddy of mine!" . I said-"Then where's my flinkin' flankin' shirts?"
    When can we hook up for a t-shirt sale, brotha'?

2. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Evel, That GREEN ''A'' Roadster is outta this Fuckin' world!You are one lucky Bugger too by the way!:D

Nick.

3. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Thanks EVEL. Your shots along with the ones from the auction site are amazing. Stunned. Slim

4. You were reading my mind Denise,

CBB

5. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

wow. Am I overlooking a full list of the auction cars?

That awesome hemi roadster sold last year at the RM monterey auction. Did this guy sell it there? The owner sold a bunch of cars there last year.

6. titus

titus

My friend and longtime fathers friend Bobby Anderson of vadnia heights MN built the green roadster, he built it at home and while he worked for Kurt sensical of creative metal work about 8? or so years ago, i went over and helped him on the wiring a little bit (figuring out the mopar starter relay), it is a bad ass car.

JEFF

7. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

8. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Most of the cars being offered in this sale have been purchased at auction within the last 3-4 years. The main players attending/bidding at the auction know this. It will be interesting to see if they match or pass their previous block prices.

For example, the Beatty tank was sold at the Gooding and Co. Auction in Monterey in August of 2007 for $440,000. That was the most money of any hot rod (tied with the Tommy Lee Speedster built by Frank Kurtis) sold that year when hot rods were REALLY hot with that auction crowd. Will anyone pay that for it now? Who?

Guess I better start playing the lottery again. I stopped after I didn't win enough to buy the Chrisman Coupe at the Joe's Garage auction :D

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'll step up and buy a catalog, just to have a record of were the car were and track were they go. Over the past 5-6 so many great collections have been auctioned off it is hard to keep track of all the cars. Sure, they are out of our league price wize, but they impressed us when first built and it is nice to know who the current caretaker is.

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

G4 Jet? What, he didn't want to let the trash in his G550? Hahaha!!! You live like one of Paris Hilton's BFF's.

Thanks Evel for the pics, I'll take the grasshopper since nobody called dibbs on it yet.

11. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

What a neat museum that would have made, so much better than hoarding the cars, like some seem to do.

12. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So.... is that Flintstonemobile considered HAMB friendly? I mean, it's old. But it's got no motor. But it's really old. And it's not a RR.

13. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I WANT the Tony Nancy 22jr A roadster!!

14. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Is this the guy that bought the "Chrisman Coupe"? I think that I recall it being at his place after the auction.

Chris

15. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

Wow, Very nice collection .

16. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LaJolla Chevy...I'm confused. Quite a while back there was a re-make, a real faithful one, and Bradley still has his original. I admit in some cases I'm outta touch. What's the latest?