Register now to get rid of these ads!

"My Three Sons" roadster?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TN young gun, Oct 13, 2005.

1. TN young gun

TN young gun

I was looking on e-bay at a 32 roadster project( not looking to buy, just killin time) and the owner said it was sorta based off of Ricky's roadster in the TV show, "My Three Sons". I was wondering if anyone has seen or knows anything about this car or the show? I personally have only heard of this show, never actually watched it.

2. LongT

LongT

I don't remember a Ricky on My Three Sons. There was a Robbie, Chip, Ernie and an older brother Mike dropped into oblivion after a couple years. Maybe he meant Robbie. I'm almost ashamed I remember that!!

3. There was no Ricky on "My Three Sons".

Maybe he was referring to Ricky Nelson's roadster on Ozzie & Harriet.

[​IMG]

4. s.r.i.

s.r.i.
    from Hell

Damn, you are old. Had they invented dirt yet when you were a kid? :D

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Ernie was gay,chip joined some hari krishnas,Robbie became a underwear model and Mike was thrown off the show for being a drunk.

6. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

Chip got an original Model A coupe from Aunt Polly and had a friend with a roadster called a rod-burner. Robbie rebuilt a 36 Ford convert or something like that. I was about 11 when that show was on

7. LongT

LongT

8. TN young gun

TN young gun

Maybe he was talking about Ozzie and Harriet, The body was actually model a parts i think. O well, it didn't really resemble anything more than a shell of something anyway so it doesn't look like that pic

9. TN young gun

TN young gun

thanks for the info, and hey some of those old shows are pretty good. I sometimes watch leave it to beaver to see if they'll show lumpy's convertible. I think it was a 40 ford or something. That was a cool car!

10. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

What was the roadster the son built on "The Life of Riley", and was that a '37 Chevy coupe gasser the new girl nextdoor had on "My Three Sons"? That was over 35 years ago and I didn't pay close attention.

12. not this again, posting ebay aint gonna do anything against yah or for yah,millions of people are watching anything at any give time .:rolleyes: get over it,you want it,go ahead and bid enough

13. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

you're right....

14. TN young gun

TN young gun

sorry about putting the word out on the car you're bidding on. I didn't know there was any unwritten rule on not posting ebay stuff

15. KustomF100

KustomF100
    from Joliet, IL

If you need to have it checked out,let me know.I am in southern Michigan,depending on his idea of so Mi.I am not in the market for a project,so no worries there.Looks to be a pretty good start.

16. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

man, no worries. What the guy above said is true.... if I have the cash (probably don't) and want it bad enough, I have no worries....

17. poncho

poncho

i can remeber an episode of my 3 sons were one of the kids was givin' stock model t..and one of the local kids with a hot rod either wanted to buy it..or do some kinda trade..but the son had second thoughts,and was trying to decide if it was the right thing to do???...some shit like that...anyone remember??>.

18. HAHA! check who you beat! That'd be me :D Good luck man. Cool little car, lots of potential in it.

Skip

19. i was not out to be a car dick but ,you do see the truth :D , i aint the only one that has bid on some thing and 10 seconds left there is 45 bids and i lose bya mile, kind of a life lesson when you hope the item can be yours and it ends up not, he also has reserve on the car god only knows what that is
    plus look at the 40 in the background kind of lives the life ,you know?,the guy is not going to give the thing away, sucks there is so much cool stuff and we cant get it all,

20. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

I always liked 'Bud's" Tub,on'Father knows Best" 4banger always taking it apart,and relieving it of 'extra parts'. Then 'Dad' halped him buy a 40's something ford with real paint,and 'good tires' ha ha ha . Billy Gray went on to be a flatrack motorcycle racer,in real life.:D 'Betty' was a hottie.:DSparky

21. Damn! I was gonna post about this car. :D
    Well said.