Register now to get rid of these ads!

My take on Billetproof NW, drive to and from...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rolf, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Rolf

Rolf

As much as I enjoyed the show (Thanks Choptop) to me the drive to and from is just as good. I suppose the drive to is the ultimate, as the anticipation of what's to come, is in back of your mind as you slam the gears down a two lane black top.

I joined with Just Dug, F-head, Coupehead, Mark the Markster, and some other suspects, and took the back roads to the event. This is the ONLY way to enjoy your hot rod!

Stopping in small towns for burgers, meeting the locals...Things are just not moving as fast in small towns...love it.

The other enjoyable aspect of this was the Friday night cruising. For some reason, we ended up getting the honor parking right outside party headquarters...can't beat it.

All we had to do is get some grub, cold bear, and watch the endless parade of hot rods and customs roll by all night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

\[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Absolutely.......I joined the Amocat crew for the drive down Friday, and it was alot of fun, nuthin' like a group of hotrods and customs rolling through small towns and twisty roads. I drove home that night as my wife had other plans the following day.

Got up early Sat and met up with some fellow car club members and made the drive down, taking a similar route as Fri.....shows are fun, but the drive is always the best part!​

3. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Looks like fun
    Whose Indian is that, thats really something!

4. That's jerry Chin's. He's got a heck of a motorcycle collection.

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Nothing better then cruzn topless with the wind in your hair and the sun on your face.:cool:

6. Thanks for the pictures Rolf. I added them to my Billetproof file. I never got any in the city so Im copying some others also. Wish my Whippet was ready to drive. I just ordered the Hemi adapter as i am now on a mission to at least get it running and on the road for next Billet. I'm not going to worry about the finished product, just get it on the road and finish as I enjoy it. Brakes, steering and suspension is the must do on my list. It was good talking with you at Billetproof.

7. Paul

Paul
    Editor

the show was great, but the ride down and back was a blast

thirteen of us in our group, and three hours of beautiful country backroads to the show

half that number coming back with a quick two hours of freeway flying time.

good to see all the Northend boys again too

8. Vintage Roadside

Vintage Roadside

Here's a shot of your car I took downtown Friday night. It was great seeing all the cars parked around town.

[​IMG]

9. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

It looks like you figured out that new camera, great pictures. Thanks, I had a great time too.

10. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

What a refreshing post. After reading about people trailering their cars so they won't get stolen, living vicariously through Denise's threads instead of going to an event, or wanting to go some place but won't because they don't think their car will make the trip, I'm glad to see the results of Rolf's work - DRIVING his car!! (By-the-way, his coupe is one of my favorite HAMB cars)

As I commented on the thread I did about a little Saturday drive (335 miles and two events) my son and I did a couple of weeks ago, ownership is okay, but DRIVING our cars is the best and most fun thing about having an old car!! Some times the event itself is a little bit of a let down, but getting there and getting home is the best part of all.

Thanks for the pictures looks like a great time.

J.​

11. There's no point owning an automobile if you aren't going to drive it.

12. ironbuyer

ironbuyer

I agree with Paul it was a great time down and back. Thanks again Paul for hangin with us through the overheating issues.
    Steve Glucoft
    Amocat Speed Emp.

13. Paul

Paul
    Editor

new car bugs can be a challenge, funny saying "new car" when it's your new '32 Roadster Steve,
    'cause it sure looks like a survivor if ever there was one

must have been the race motor flatty is a bit wild for the street?
    that thing sounds bad ass!

dig the wheel chock! these guys don't mess around!

Attached Files:

14. cool pic's! the drive is usually the best part. i missed a good show:(.

15. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Rolf, great shots. I like to take road shots but with the 57 in non stop I-5 traffic, shifting gears up and down, I just could not get comfortable enough to take some...

It was great hanging out and just chatting, remember to send me that link to the new house pic..

16. Brandi

Brandi

Awesome downtown photos. Next year I'm heading down Friday.

Bummed I didn't get a chance to chat with ya!

17. Rolf

Rolf

Sorry I missed you. Hope the hot rod project is going well.

Rolf

18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Very cool group of cars there...

19. You really outta get out this way sometime Ryan, and see them...

Hotrod-A-rama, August 1 and 2!

20. Rolf, good chatting with you. Hopefully will get a chance to hang out with you guys a bit longer at HRAR!!!

21. dv8

dv8

Great pics! I love posts like this!

22. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

cool.

Thanks!

--mika

23. candyman

candyman

Rolf... I think I past your caravan on that fridaywhen you were on your way down hwy 702 going into yelm. I live off that road... i tell ya.... I got goose bump watch your cars rolling down the road... it was like a time warp or something. And you are right.... the drive down was great... the cam winders all road down the same way... we had a good trip. Looking forward to the next one