Register now to get rid of these ads!

My taildraggin -57 Buick Century

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vincent, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Vincent

Vincent
    from Sweden

Heres my -57 century I picked up about 2 or 3 years ago.Bit rough round the edges but some work and it turned out to be pretty nice taildraggin daily driver anyway,just got it out of the garage this summer.
    Next thing for it will be a set of Lancer hubcaps or just chromed wheel nuts and a chromed center bullet.
    Sure it could use some new chrome like bumpers and interior and some other work but I can´t afford that for now because of my other cars so it´ll just have to do for now.<O:p</O:p
    <O:p</O:p

Before:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Vincent

Vincent
    from Sweden

After:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG]<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>

3. Vincent

Vincent
    from Sweden

[​IMG]<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

4. 57 Buicks are one of the best looking cars ever, You did a great job ! nice cruiser...

5. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Awesome job! Looks sweeet!

6. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Very nicely done, it's good to see her looking so much better.

7. Fringe

Fringe
    from Sacramento

Very nicely thought out and executed. I really like how you cut in the paint around the front wheel well. Great job!

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

that's the way the factory did it for the two tones. you see a lot of bad repaints where they don't...

9. wallyringo

wallyringo

real sharp, cool

10. Olds Tinman

Olds Tinman
    from W.N.Y

11. BLUMEANIE

BLUMEANIE
    from St. Louis

Bringin the white down and trimming it off with the chrome makes it. Looks killer. :cool:

12. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

I like it... the new paint looks great. What's next? The rear bumper looks like you cleaned it up or painted it flat silver in the after pictures. What did you do?

13. Keith English

Keith English

awome car bud looks killer.

14. Vincent

Vincent
    from Sweden

Thanks,glad to hear people like it :D

Got lots of plans for it but nothing that will be done for a while.I wanna bring it down even more in the back,put on some lancer caps,do a all white tuck´n´roll interior,repaint it,build a custom grill, and get new bumpers for it and some other stuff.

The rear bumper was in so bad shape so I had to build up the corner pieces with the exhaust outlets from basically nothing,it was made out of ducktape when I started with them as seen on the before picture.
    Other than that I just welded the mounting brackets on the backside so I got rid of the bolts and welded the holes from them and then painted it silver but it´s not flat silver,couldn´t afford rechroming them and it´s in to bad shape for that anyway.
    There is also two square reflexes on the after pitures,they are gone now,they´re only there for the 2-year annual swedish car inspection.

I appologize for my bad english,i´m from sweden you see.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012