Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Swindlers Poker run 2011 pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Oct 2, 2011.

1. 31whitey

31whitey

This looks like a really great run.

You cannot beat these roads and scenery...period.

You guys are stoked.

2. Yes, It was awesome! Food was the best, the run was great and the weather was better then it could have been :D Missed seeing you man...next year!

3. That is one run I miss greatly. I really miss hangin out with the Swindlers. Fun times for sure. It's always a crapshoot on the rain though. Looks like you guys had a great time as usual.(Someguy down south)

4. Dale, I was glad to see your Dad riding with Doug, we chatted quite a bit!

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

God Couverkid's '32 has to be on my top 5 favorite 5w's of all time. That thing is so slick.
    [​IMG]

This one is doing it for me too....
    [​IMG]

Logan's car is just plain cool and you know I love your pickup. Damn now that Whitey is up in Montana, if you get him to go I'll be there next year!!!

6. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

Jeffrey, I rode in that black 32 two years ago. It's pretty bad ass, but if you met the owner you probably would not like it anymore;) It belongs to Dirty Doug. That yellow 32 is an old surviver.

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

The yellow one is another cool coupe. I'd love to hear the story on that one. God I can't wait to get my '32 done one day. I love 'em all!!!

8. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

That's MISTER dirty dug to you.

9. Pinewood

Pinewood

Cool thanks for sharing. That makes the car even that much cooler when there's a stand up guy behind it! Again my favorite car-

10. rick finch

rick finch

Took the words right out of my mouth.:D (don't miss the weather though). Great stuff Chris, thanks for sharing!

11. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

^ I'm with you guys. Some day I will come back...
    Thanks for the photos Chris. The little Coupe looks awesome.

Swindlers rule.

--mika

12. There's REALLY good story behind that one. It's owned currently by Paul Reichlin, of Cedardale Upholstery fame (Rajo 1 here on the HAMB). It used to be the AMOCAT car for a bit, and before that it has a pretty good history.

Word on the street is, that it was from George Lucas's hometown, and may have been the inspiration for the Milner coupe. I'm NOT making that up.

Paul actually ran into the guy that owned the car back then and has a pretty good idea of the history.

Perhaps when I get back home, I'll get the full story and do a "History Expose'" thread on the car...

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Rad! That already sounds like a great story.

14. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Chris, Bloody Great pictures as always, THANKS Man!

Nick.

15. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

It came out of a garage in Post Falls, Idaho (right next to Spokane). It belonged to a couple who had moved up from California in it(in the 60's or whenever). It was there only car for a long time. They put it in the garage. Very few people knew about it. When the guy died, some streetrodder asked about it. It was bought for somewhere around $5,500. He immediately started ruining it. Cut a gas door in the side of the quarter even. I thing that is about the time Steve from Amocat bought it. Sounds made up, but its true. It used to have a real ugly grill shell on it too.

16. That shell was on it at the run...

17. man, that looked like an awesome time. Those cars/trucks and scenery are some of the best posted in any thread on here in a long time.

18. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

Oh ya. I remember it looking a lot different, but that was like 10 years ago.

19. It grows on you. Paul ran into the guy that did a significant portion of the building on the car a couple of years ago...it's a neat story.

20. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

Wish I could have ran with you guys, that looked like a great time! Its unbelieveable how much that scenery resembles that of the Tennessee side of Great Smoky Mountains National Park! I could almost take these exact same photos (with a different group of cars of course)

21. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

The weather is what keeps things green........:D

22. Hey Doug. That was awfully nice of you to let my dad ride along with you. All the cars look great. Marks car looks awesome.

23. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Purely my pleasure.

24. Man, that makes me miss the Northwest and then I see you guys all bundled up like it is winter and then I remember why I am down here(it is 98 today and it is October). You are right though nothing beats Levenworth to Monroe this time of year with the leaves changing along highway 2. Great pictures by the way.

25. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

Green with ENVY...I've added a trip like this to my "Bucket List"...sure hope my buddies will help me mark this one off the list....SPRING 2012...??????

26. rodncustom

rodncustom

Thank you Swindlers!

27. Pete

Pete

What an amazing group of cars and photo's! Thanks for posting them Chris.

That chocolate Model A coupe is the tits! With milk!!

Pete-

28. Now heres a picture that is so cool that only a fluke reflection can create!!! Awesome!!
    [​IMG]

29. I'm so glad i got to go on the run with my car this year i hope some one posts some of the little videos that were taken

30. From all the Swindlers, Thanks everyone for the kind words. We put in alot of effort picking the routes each year, food, posters and T-Shirts. We enjoy making it something special that someone would drive a couple of hundred miles to do and drive back home and tell their friends about. It is something we like to do at the end of the season before the weather around here really goes to crap. Kinda gets ya pumped up to go out in garage and thrash on something all winter. Anyway here are my pics of the day and thanks to all those that made it out that day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]