Register now to get rid of these ads!

My story so far...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by GravityFeed, Nov 21, 2010.

1. GravityFeed

GravityFeed

My grandfather is to thank (others would say 'blame') for what my wife calls an 'interesting yet still strangely attractive addiction.' Here's the story in pictures:

Circa 1985 - while my cousins played Nintendo, I preferred the greasier things:
    [​IMG]

Circa 1987 - keep your eye on the Volvo... it'll reappear down the line...
    [​IMG]

Circa 1996 - Friend and I revived is father's old 1941 Chevy. We painted it in a warehouse after performing months of bodywork (I didn't know bondo was a sin at the time). To this day, it is one of the worst paint jobs I've ever seen.
    [​IMG]

Circa 1998 - I have a thing for Volvos - probably always will. The 73 1800ES in the picture was my first car and I had it until 2008 when it returned to Sweden under new ownership for a full restoration
    [​IMG]

Circa 2001 - Remember that Volvo 240 from earlier? Well, while I was majoring in Auto Restoration at McPherson College, I figured I'd take advantage of having the machine shop at my disposal after hours. 5 months of work led to the Volvrolet (1969 350 bored .30 over backed by a muncie M20). I disassembled the car in 2005 and the engine and tranny now reside in a 69 Chevelle.
    [​IMG]

Circa 2006 - My grandfather always spoke highly of his Model T and Model A cars, so I figured I'd get myself one and try it out as a daily driver. This one underwent a partial restoration prior to my purchasing and I finished out the remaining work. Served as my DD for Three years prior to selling her to a guy in Canada in 2009.
    [​IMG]

Circa 2009 - I thought I could live vicariously through clients' cars, so I was without a classic/antique vehicle for almost a year. Turns out I was wrong. Since I feel obliged to post a picture for each entry, here's a 1940 Dodge I take care of - probably the most stunning original vehicle I've worked on.
    [​IMG]

Circa NOW - Here's the new ride: 1954 Cadillac Fleetwood. Currently getting new kingpins, but you'll see her around Austin starting next week.
    [​IMG]

Hope to get to know all the Austin Hambers (and any other Hambers for that matter) - I live in and about downtown and work just down from the Continental Club, so hit me up and say hi if you see the Caddy running around.

2. big bad john

big bad john

......Hello and welcome to the H.A.M.B......Good luck on that Caddy....enjoy the ride.....Big Bad John

3. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

Welcome from Sweden

4. ganga

ganga

Welcome to the HAMB.......enjoy!!

5. oldman2

oldman2

Great intro, welcome and enjoy the site, and people.

6. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Enjoy from Conn.

7. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

welcome from utah

8. WoW, now thats a proper introduction!

Welcome aboard the H.A.M.B. from Des Moines, Iowa!

9. Welcome from Connecticut

10. DetroitDetomaso

DetroitDetomaso
    from Las Vegas

11. Silverick

Silverick

Welcome from San Francisco! Volvrolet! Looks sharp under that hood!

12. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Now THATS an intro! Welcome from Socal....