Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Son's 58 Stude update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by starliner62, Jan 6, 2013.

1. starliner62

starliner62

My son James has chosen his Studebaker as his final English exam/project. Some of you may ask how a 58 Studebaker can be an English project, I sure did. James is to perform some kind of repairs on his car and the presentation of the repairs is the English part. He has to produce a portfolio of pictures with written explanations and come up with a final presentation for a panel of judges, showing the progress that he made. He is required to do the majority of work on the car as well as keep a log of his progress. James was notified earlier this week that the deadline for his project has been moved up. The first choice was to rebuild the engine since it is getting tired, but we didn't have enough time. James really liked the look of some of the Presidents he saw at South Bend last year, so he wanted to repaint the roof and fins white. Sounded good to me. Sometime in Christine's (his Stude) past, she got some nasty dents in her roof. It looked like someone danced on the roof, leaving many small dents and one big one. We started on the roof today. Progress was made and tomorrow, maybe we can get some color on it. James worked hard today and learned a lot.

Attached Files:

2. starliner62

starliner62

We got up early this morning and put some white paint on Christine. It has been a busy couple of days and James is happy with the results. He now has learned that body and paint work is not an easy, ten minute undertaking. The last picture says it all!

Attached Files:

3. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Awesome! I wish I could do that for a project in English right now.

4. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

If it was easy everybody would do it. Best way to learn is to get your hands dirty. Cool looking car to, I like it.....

5. sololobo

sololobo

Nice to see a young gun working on an auto for an English project. And not sitting on their can playing video games!! Great lookin Stude, love the tu-tone. Cool work guys!! ~sololobo~

6. starliner62

starliner62

James loves his Studebaker. I was worried when he was younger because he didn't have much interest in cars. He first saw his car when he was about twelve years old and he thought it was the coolest looking car in the world. When it came up for sale, I had to get it for him. He has driven the wheels off of the old girl and loves every minute of it.

7. School has sure changed since I was there...Excellent choice for a project and kudos for the idea to use the hobby as a grade.

Someone told me once, find something you like doing then find someone that will pay you to do it.

8. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

awesome Studebaker!!!!