Register now to get rid of these ads!

my sons 40 ford p/u rat rod/still finishing!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by truckncoupe, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. And damn has an n in it :D LOL. Boy has this thread turned a strange corner. Thankfully all in good fun.

2. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

I can (onistly saaa) I'm not the only (won) who got abused huh? LOL:D

3. mackster

mackster

Perfect Answer!
    WE NEED THE OLD FOLKS! and those new folks who are interested in keeping the TRADITIONAL Hot Rod way of building. . .

RAT RODS are not wanted here. The term, the style of building, and the shock factor that they bring. . .
    Keep it to yourself.

4. flynstone

flynstone

nice truck ,dont worry about spellin,or name callin, i can remember when everyone was down on red rims..my car is called a rr all the time by persons who dont know any better no paint must be a rr, but i dont call it that,i cant spell that great does it make me less of a person than you? anyhow this is how some peeps are on this site, so many negitive comments on red rims till guess what ,,ryan chimes in and says red rims were very traditional now no one cuts down on red rims wow..anyhow nice truck and a great site.............. ceptin for a few

5. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Nonetheless is one word? never thought I could learn so much from a 40 pick up.

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

+1 nothing wrong with just calling it what it is. A 40 Ford hotrod pickup.

It looks like fun from here.

7. 61TBird

61TBird

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I damned well don't call that car a "ratrod" It's a slick little Ford that doesn't look a bit out of place.

I for one and many of the others don't have $20,000 paint jobs or a ton of money tied up in their cars. If I didn't count the ten bucks for a new quart of primer every other week years ago and didn't count the pieces that I broke I probably had a third in my truck painted and upholstered that you have in the Ford.
    The thing most of us don't like about the term "ratrod" is that it brings on the feeling of "hey look at what I screwed up". Assembled to get mouthbreathers excited rather than be something truly functonal and presentable.

The young man with the 40 has a nice little truck that many of us would be proud to own and drive. Hell, I would grin like a chessie cat driving your more door down the street at the moment and have a ball doing it.
    It may be time to sit back and be glad of what you have and have accomplished rather than the constant "poor me" because you don't think you have as much as anyone else. As long as you don't neglect the kids to spend money on the car most of us could give a rip if you had 500 or 50000 in the car as long as it is safe to carry your family in and drive down the road with the rest of in.

9. JOEHOODS

JOEHOODS

badword....nuff said

10. DaxxRuckus

DaxxRuckus

who the hell cares what he calls it - thats a sweet truck, whatever type of ROD you want it to be.

11. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Great looking truck, and good family teamwork. Keep up the awesome work.

(Wow, this thread got funny!)

12. RichG

RichG

I'm sorry, but I just read this entire thread and forgot what it was about...and I'm dang sure not going to read it again...

Somebody from Disneyland had a cool truck somewhere in here, and a Dad helped him build it.

That was cool.

The rest just made my head hurt. More. It made my head hurt more than it already does, and that's saying alot. Now, if you will excuse me, I need to take an oxycodone and try to forget this happened.:D

Oh yeah...this guy would like to have a word with you:)
    [​IMG]

13. rick finch

rick finch

Truckncoupe............you still here? Look what you started man, 132(3) posts and man did it get WEIRD!

14. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

I'm enjoying this as much as everyone else....Haven't figured out the final on who approve and who don't ...:D

15. RichG

RichG

It doesn't matter, you spent some time with your boy in the garage, that's something that will never be replaced or outshone. Ya done good dad:)

16. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Truck is cool man....and even cooler when you and your son is building it. Rrra...t ro..d.s suck and that is no r....a..t r..ds Dammmm I can't even say it. Well you know what I mean.

17. LabRat

LabRat

Use Firefox as your internet browser it has spell check built in .....;)

An anything that helps create a friend out of a father is worth doing ...:)

18. rick finch

rick finch

I think the approve out weigh the don'ts (word?)......shit I don't know I'm all confused. Oh, if I misspelled a word or used wrong punctuation..........just shut up!:p

19. Cool truck,

I am helping my Son with a F100 build he has made patch panels, welded them in and channeled, the cab is on a different chassis. Now his 72 F truck is going to be low, shaved, smoothed over and every panel modified. It’s not a “hamb” car, but what he has learned could be very useful if he gets hold of some hotrod worthy tin.

-Slapnuts1975 has not made any friends yet….- now thats some funny shit..

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  20. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

That's hilarious!

21. striper

striper

That's "Cheshire" cat :eek:

Is that Rosie the Rivetter on the left?

22. flynstone

flynstone

my sons truck is the black one we chopped it,it has a dropped axel stock brakes 327 hipo ,,very scary need mustang two or jag,,my truck has jag but its not done yet just need time

Attached Files:

23. Slapnuts1975

Slapnuts1975
    from Tennessee

Now this is funny. This asshole has a RAT ROD. He participates on a RAT ROD site showing every new piece he adds to his RAT ROD. He calls it a rat rod, says he loves rat rods, then posts this shit, oh man this is funny.

I go there too, so I'm not judging, just pointing out he's a hypocrite as well. Did I spell that right this time? LOL

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  24. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Slapnuts naughty naughty must you start this ealy in the morning?
    Oh by the way Good Morning LOL

25. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

"but" wasn't the start of a new sentence... just the continuation of a thought. :)

Yeah, its a double edged sword with your car. (which I like except for the peep mirror) I would drive it. I don't call your car a rat rod.... seems like you have a good grasp at what a rat rod is and have the same disgust of them that I do.

Friends? :D

I brought up the grammar problems because he had just picked on someone whom he thought was not using proper English.

26. Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  27. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

Hey truckandcoupe, do us ALL a favor and edit your first post and take that damn RR word OUT!!! Whata Whippin', just ask "GOOFY"... BTW your trucks the BOMB! :cool:

28. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Thanks for the compliment on the truck....this thread has been the BOMB also! lol:D

29. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

OK, it will NOW be known as the "TnC Goofy Hoopty"!!! All you have to do is put on some red wheels. Haaaaah :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.