Register now to get rid of these ads!

my sons 40 ford p/u rat rod/still finishing!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by truckncoupe, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. I don't think anyone one here would say you are a rat rodding piece of shit. You may catch some grief with the paint and wheels here as it is a rather recent trend that is not based in traditional hot rodding but for the most part it is usually tongue in check. Rat's may not be a wholly bad thing but they have no place here just like billet wheels and mercedes headlights don't. That style of car is not what this site is about plain and simple.

Perhaps you would feel more accepted here if you did not defend a segment of the hobby that is not accepted here. There are alot of guys who like different types of vehicles than traditional rods and customs but they do not support guys trying to gain acceptance of them on this forum. You are in someone elses house. You don't have to like the rules but to be welcome you have to follow them.

Truckencoupe I like the truck and think it is great that you are working on it with your son. I really miss working on my projects with my Dad he passed away 4 years ago.

2. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

All of us are Ryan's guest on this forum...

I think it has been expressed that this is not the place for "rat rods", or even a place to TALK about rat rods. So we should comply out of common courtesey.

Furthermore, since NEITHER vehicle that is a subject of this thread IS a RAT ROD, the argument SHOULD just die. Those who are bitching, are bitching about nothing.

Bitching for the sake of bitching is for bitches.... :D

3. Slapnuts1975

Slapnuts1975
    from Tennessee

I see your point, loud and clear, but who decides whats traditional? Looking through tons of my fathers pictures, old mag's, etc. and its funny how many flat black cars there are with red wheels, or red primerd with grey wheels, yada yada yada. Where they not traditional back then? Were these old timers doing it wrong then?

4. Slapnuts1975

Slapnuts1975
    from Tennessee

I knocked the ugly little chip off my shoulder bro, just looking for insight at this point.

5. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Well I hope you haven't lost any members over this innocent thread with a few misspelled words.... Bottom line was, wanted feedback on what everyone thought of the 40 pickup my son and I are building....Guess we got that! A little criticism never hurts anyone....But some great compliments made the thread a winner!:D

6. How old is old? That is really the guideline for what is cool and what is not on this site. Although not written in stone pre '64 seems to be the safest cutoff point. If you have a bunch of old pictures start a post and share them with the rest of us. Old pictures of hotrods and customs are always appreciated here.

By the way I like your car and putting up with some of the nonsense is a small price to pay for the knowledge that can be gained from this board IMO.

7. repoguy

repoguy

The Icy Hot Stuntaz all agree that this thread has really turned into something special.

* group hug *

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  8. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

nice truck. I wish my dad worked on shit wiht me sometimes.

9. No shit? Funny thing is this is a site for traditional stuff. I get tired of (mostly) new guys saying 'he can build what he likes/called it what he likes etc.' Sure, but don't expect people here to get all excited over it if it's outside what this site is about.

Back to the thread, you guys seem to have a good attitude and if you hang around here and soak up what we're all about - and like it - I think you'll do great. Good luck with it!

10. 343w

343w

Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. There's nothing more valuable than time spent with your kids bilding hot rods and futures, I only wish my dad had been a car guy. My son and I had a "41" ford pu we built back in 1990. Thanks for the memories. That is a hot rod truck for sure!

11. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

Damn fine lookin', a '40 Ford nearly always kicks ass, and your certainly qualifies!

And no need to loose the wheels or the door art. If that is what your son and you want go for it. Wheels are easily changed, and on a primered car the door art can be gone in a few minutes, too.

As for the rest of the off topic bantering attached to this thread it would seem this website is getting to be like watching COPS on Fox. Seems like a fist fight always breaks out about something. That however I guess is somewhat "Traditional" for old school hot rodding....

But contrast that with the Hot Rod Traditionalist Nerds showing up and starting the freakin' spelling bee. What is up with that?

12. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Let's see the list of rules is getting longer. No Rat Rods, No Street Rods,No miss spelling, Must use apostrophe's, and don,t forget to capitalize. Now if I can only get s.b.c. on that list. If I remember right chrome reverse wheels were big in the 50.s WE used the riveted rims so we could remove the centers for plating. Glad I found spell check. or some ass hole will correct my spelling.

13. You are using a massive amount of bait, but I ain't biting:D.

14. taint asshole one word!?!:D

15. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Uhm slapnuts, there was a comma before the b in but so it doesnt need to be capitalized. :(

16. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Taint , isn't that the land between the shithouse and the snack bar? :p

17. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Just some fun information:
    From the Urban Dictionary

<table id="entries"><tbody><tr><td class="index">
    </td> <td class="word"> hoopty </td> <td class="tools" id="tools_1113954"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td class="text" colspan="2"> Basically, a piece of shit car. Usually cheap and/or broken down. Can be any size, make or model, but must (or should) be embarrassing to drive for some reason, such as when you bump the stereo all the plastic "effects" you have hot-glued to the exterior rattle, instantly betraying the cheapness of your bling
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    Street Rod - the name of a book written by the great Henry Gregor Felsen, published in 1953. I guess the HAMB police should have contacted Mr. Felsen back in 1953 to tell him that the term STREET ROD is not traditional, and that he should have titled his book HOT ROD. Oh, wait, he wrote a book by that title in 1950.

18. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Good thing Mr. Felsen didn't write a book called "Hoopty" or we'd all have to drive around with a car that's embarrassing!

19. Slapnuts1975

Slapnuts1975
    from Tennessee

Actually it ended...

Then a 2 line space. WHO GIVES A SHIT!! :rolleyes:

20. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

21. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Mazooma thats funny shit.I don't know what you do for a living but if you said you write for Leno it wouldn't surprise me . Good stuff bro.

22. 8flat

8flat

This is great entertainment....LOL

23. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Spell check didn't tell me it was one word. I did say it's a nice 40 didn't I. And I like the rims and tires. Besides the radial tires I have a duel master cylinder And I drive my truck.

24. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Just venting today is porridge day here at the home and thy have not brought it out yet

25. Slapnuts1975

Slapnuts1975
    from Tennessee

Now thats funny.

26. wildearp

wildearp
    from tucson, az

I won a trophy for best "Rat Rod". It was for my primered "Street Rod". I accepted it. Call me anything but late for dinner.

27. You spelled hypocrite wrong.:p

And that is a cool little Hot Rod Pickup!

28. JimSwann

JimSwann

Call it what you want, I think it's a cool looking truck. Not crazy about the black but a nice old truck nonetheless!

Jim

29. Slapnuts1975

Slapnuts1975
    from Tennessee

GODAMMIT QUIT IT!!!!! LMAO

.........and I know I spelled godammit wrong.

30. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Capital letter when writing God haha just funning you:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.