Register now to get rid of these ads!

My solution for a 32 tank on a 1928 Tudor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brock49Ford, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

Here are some pictures of my gas tank solution for my 1928 Tudor on 32 rails. I wanted to keep the gas out of the car. It is a sedan afterall and should have a back seat in my opinion. I used a 32 rear crossmember when I built the frame, using 36 radius rods and spring behind. That and I wanted the exhaust to go all the way to the back and over the rear end, not under it. Did not leave myself a lot of room to say the least. I found a used 32 tank for cheap as the sending unit hole had been butchered. I wanted to leave the tank in the stock location too. I couldn't go forward due to the crossmember, and dropping it down just didn't look right either. So I cut the top and front of the tank apart. I mocked it up as best I could and looked at it for a long time. I finally got to where I couldn't put it off any longer and called in the help of one of my co-workers to do the custom metal shaping, fitting, and welding. Daron is very meticulous and trained as a machinist, but he can also form and weld metal VERY well. I OWE HIM BIG TIME! He was able to pull off what I envisioned in my head and added a few extra touches that made the tank incredibly strong. I could probably stand on this thing and not hurt it, but I am not going to try just in case. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking. Now I have to figure out a sending unit/fuel pick up for it. I don't want anything on the top. I am thinking something like a 65-70? Mustang has. The last picture I stole from here of a 32 highboy to kind of show what I was going for.

Attached Files:

2. Sorry, it looks like ass hanging out there like that. And yes, if you were a pal I would say the same thing. Time for a redo.

3. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

I won't be a negative as Tman, but it does not look integral to the A Sedan body. Needs to be more recessed like the 32.

4. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

To look 'right' IMO, the rear of the body should be reworked to bring the body line up like a '32 so the tank fits under the rear, like 32SEDAN said. Good thought and execution, just doesn't look natural like a '32.

5. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

There was another thread just 2-4 days ago with a 29 roadster. do a search and see if he solved his problem.

6. titus

titus

Ive never liked 32 tanks on anything but 32's, ive seen a few here and there that were done ok, just not to my liking, i think the think should be tucked in under the body more, like a 32 sedan, the problem is the model A body is to short past the wheel weels wich makes it nearly impossible to suck the tank in deaper becuase of the spring/axle assm.

sorry im with Tman.

JEFF