Register now to get rid of these ads!

History My Small Yard Sale Finds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4woody, Dec 21, 2017.

1. 4woody

4woody

I'm not a frequent yard sale attendee, but Ijust got a couple of little items I thought would be of interest.

First is a Nicson Engineering temperature gauge. It is a 2" gauge with 3/8" pipe threads so it is meant to screw directly into the engine. I Googled around some and couldn't find any pictures or info about it. It is NOS, and still has a sticker on the back that says: "WARNING Good practice requires the use of a thermowell on any pressurized application. Case temperature should not exceed 200 F."

HPIM1970.JPG

The second item is the tiniest bench vise I've ever seen. I don't know if it was made as a novelty or used for some very tiny work, but it is functional, and my wife- who is a jeweler- will be receiving it for Christmas. I hope she thinks it is as cool as I do!

HPIM1971.JPG

2. Spooky

Spooky

3. philo426

philo426

Nice!I wonder uf the vise is meant to clamp onto a drill press(note the bent i beam)?

4. BJR

BJR

The Kebler elves use it to hold the crackers.

deucemac and Texas Webb like this.

5. Squablow

Squablow

I have a vice that would rival that one for size, but it has a c-clamp built into it to put it on the edge of a table or move it around. It's actually quite useful for small stuff.

Is the Nicson gauge related to the Nicson speed equipment, like same manufacturer? If so that's quite a find, didn't know they made gauges. Appears to be accurate too!

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  6. 4woody

4woody

Yep- pretty accurate.

And the logo looks like it might be the same as on these spark arrestors on an old HAMB thread:
    [​IMG]

7. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I too have a small vice that has a "C" clamp built in to it.. Comes in handy sometimes.. I like that you're giving it to your wife.. I hope she appreciates it...

Squablow likes this.
  8. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Keebler elves reported it missing yesterday..ha ha .Merry Christmas