Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Shoebox Dash Metalflaking + Hidden Radio Laid Off $0 build

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Mr.Dickies, May 10, 2012.

1. Blake84

Blake84

Your an animal!!!!

2. 4rod

4rod

nice work...keep it comin

3. DadsBlueFord

DadsBlueFord
    from Hayden, ID

So you're the one! Bastidge! I PM'ed him about those hinges and I was a week too late. DAMMIT! :p

More pics of the hinge install please! I'll be doing the same at some point soon.

4. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Kelly
    A bunch of people messaged me when I posted I was looking for them. Do a post. I can look to see if I kept any of the emails. I'll post pictures of the install when I get back to things after the baby goes back to school next monday. It's more work than I thought but overall not to crazy. The way I did it was welded the one side that is flat in. the bend side I cut it so I could adjust it and working from the inside of the trunk. I shimmed the deck lid where I wanted it got out double checked to tact weld triple check and thats where it's at right now. I can opend it but it does need finish welding and two pieces on each side made and it's done.
    How's the rockers coming?

5. DadsBlueFord

DadsBlueFord
    from Hayden, ID

I was flying all week and just got home this afternoon, so no real progress. Before I left I was still repairing the passenger lower A-pillar. Still have 2 sides to do before I pull off the rocker.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

7. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Helped out a friend today work on his ride. So Tyler and I come home eat lunch and hear at knock at the door. It's the po po! Yup we had a long talk about how I had just got home and I had my son so I hadn't so much as picked up a screwdriver today. We talked about 20 minutes and I just told them he's wasting tax payers money calling in these BS calls. I am so over it. On a side note I only have 55 olds headlights bezels and molded in lake pipes. I am waiting on parts so I will do body work next week.

8. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

Love that meteor dash. You should look for body & fender work dude.

As for the neighbor - been dealing with that for over 20 years myself - finally just told him never talk to me again years ago. When he trys to start a beef, I don't acknowledge his existence. He doesn't like the paint smells, fire pit smoke, tree branches hanging over the fence and on and on. He gets on a ladder and yells over the fence at neighbors on 3 sides of him. Has turned me in to the fire dept and the city several times. Just be glad yours is too dense to try any real legal methods.

Funny thing is, I just got back my COE that started all his complaints 20 years ago. His worse nightmare I guess. Then within a month I get a registered letter from the city for making "obnoxious odors"... All I have been doing is clean-up and mechanical work, so WTF. I did CLR the roof on the wagon one day - maybe that was it.

:confused:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  9. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Buddy when you going to update your page!!! I have been waiting!

10. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Mocked up the front end with the 55 Olds headlights and stock grille and I must say I hated it. The headlights looked too wide and weird. I just didn't love it. So plan B back to what I was going to do in the first place. Sneak peak! I took this while the po po was sitting in front of my house waiting to see if I was going to make noise.
    IMG_2554.JPG
    It just puzzles me how the cops are sitting in front of my house waiting for me to make too much noise instead of sitting in front of a school to make sure kids are okay or writing tickets. What a waste of tax payers money!

11. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

That's a clean headlight treatment... Why are you not doing body & fender for a living?

:confused:

12. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Yes - nice work . Sux that 5-0 are wasting time & effort waiting for you to work on your car , trying to enforce a nearly unenforcable noise ordenance . I'd take plenty of pics & send them along with a nicely written letter to the borough council .

13. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

It is what it is. Can't blame the po po they are trying to do their job. I hope sooner or later they will remember "Peter and the Wolf". I am seriously over it.

53 COE
    I dig your COE my neighbor Ray has a 51 Dodge sitting in his yard. I would love to work with metal as a living. I am a finish carpenter by trade but worked my way up to project manager.

14. chaddilac

chaddilac

Dang!!! I thought you only did the radio and dash? Didn't know you were doing continual updates!! I so dig that blue flake!! The car is looking awesome!!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

15. TheLogLady

TheLogLady

Keep up the great work..love this thread..makes me wish i bought a coupe ! The Meteor bits are a great touch..been doing a bit of that myself.:)

16. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

Thanks - I painted the floor boards redux last night.

Well if you are still looking for work - plenty of bodyshops out there. I have worked temp in several over the years during layoffs. One time for 15 months at a Ford dealership - that's when I figured out how easy Fords are to take apart compared to Chevy's.

;)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  17. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

I noticed you had the 52 Meteor steering wheel. It tripped my brain out seeing a 51 with the stering wheel on the wrong side for us.

18. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Your doing a great job! keep at it.
    looking forward to your next update.

Godspeed
    MrC.

19. msalamanca

msalamanca

Your neighbor is a douche bag. I dont understand why the cops are not ticketing him.

20. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

I call him douche. The fire fighters said they would turn it over to the Chef to have the douche to pay for the call. Yesterday was a classic day he was blasting smooth jazz all day then it goes off and here comes
    IMG_2558.JPG
    Yup the po po. We had a very long talk. They are going to turn it over to a review because it's gotten so out of hand. I told them they have been to my house over 20 times the officers informed me that they have been called over 50. He told me when our neighborhood watch commander get back from vacation that he wants to have a sit down meeting between the two of us. But for what? It funny after the cops left yesterday that he took his speaker from his house set it by the fense and blasted some horrible rap guy for like an hour. Next week I'll sit down with the NWC and waste more tax payer money and my time and just tell him how silly it has gotten. My neighbor a few doors down who I have ton a ton of stuff for came over when I was mowing the lawn to take me for turning his water off when he was out of town because his main line broken and was leaking all over the place. He came down to tell me the douche knocked on his door to ask him to call the cops on me.

21. msalamanca

msalamanca

Set up a coffee and donut table for when they come by next time.

Dude next time he sets up the speaker, you and your wife invite a couple friends over and start dancing in the driveway and tell him to turn it up.

22. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Back at it for a few hours. I have to throw the windshield in so I can go to Mooneyes on Saturday! It's weird seeing the car in gray. As it was red oxcide and white top for so long. Body needs work still. Door needs filler and trim holes welded close. The trunk needs finishing. Long list of things to do. But I am closer than I was. Roof is better than I thought. Got a few runs in the primer oh well. I'll wet sand those out! Over all at least it's mostly one color! Will prime hood tomorrow.
    IMG_2669.JPG

IMG_2670.JPG

23. msalamanca

msalamanca

I will be looking for you at mooneyes

24. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Hope to see you there!
    IMG_2671.JPG

IMG_2672.JPG
    Did the color on the front window and rear and sides so I can put them back in and not freeze to death! I know it's California but it does get cold here for us! I will wet sand the roof and spray the rest soon. Goal is to be done in time to do Viva! Lots of body work still ahead of me. But the hard stuff is behind me!

NEIGHBOR UPDATE
    City Attorney's office called me I agreed to go to a mediator and have a face to face talk with him. They told me I set a record for most complaints and not a single ticket. It was indeed over 50 calls she told me. So instead of trying my luck today and hope he didn't call the cops while I was in the middle of spraying primer I made him a deal give me an hour and I would keep it down the rest of the day. He didn't call so after spraying I stopped making noise for the day.

25. EBW

EBW

Keep up the good work.. Sucks about your neighbor. Hope it can be resolved, or at least go in your favor.

26. Nice work on your Ford! Enjoyed reading your thread. I can sympathize w/you on the rusty crap you're running into. It's the same with my truck. It looks like every 'little' thing turns into some great big super involved project that side tracks the whole thing. But that's the way it goes, and you feel so much better about the thing when you're through fixing all that mess, the right way, the way it shoulda been fixed to begin with in the first place for cryin'outLoud.
    Good luck with the neighbor-from-hell. You're more patient than a lot of us.
    Lango.

27. msalamanca

msalamanca

You live pretty close to me, I am off on mondays, what do you have the 17th? bring it over with a list of todos and lets knock them out. We can start at 9am and go tell 9pm if we want.

28. EBW

EBW

That is cool of you Matthew !!

29. msalamanca

msalamanca

Eric I am coming up there after sometime in Jan.

30. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

I had the polisher off the stand and it fell on my windshield stainless and did this.
    IMG_2673.JPG
    So for Mooneyes I will be driving it like this
    IMG_2676.JPG