Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Rambler

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Overtime, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Zandoz

Zandoz

I love the looks as is, except for the seats. I'd look for a good quality set of covers, if not reupholstery.

Mechanically, a pet paranoia for me on older cars is brakes...new lines, dual feed master, new wheel cylinders and shoes. If there is a conversion available, I'd go to front discs.

I wish it were mine! I'd rather have that than my Cougar

2. farna

farna

There is a front disc brake conversion for Ramblers. www.scarebird.com has a kit for AMC that fits everything from about 1952 on with drum brakes. They sell you a bracket and spacers, you get the rest of the parts locally from a list they provide. They may not list your car, but all AMCs since 1952 use the same spindle bolt pattern, and the kit has been verified to fit all AMCs. You may have to grind a corner of the bracket to clear and you may have to switch the brackets side to side to change calipers from front to back (doesn't matter if caliper is in front or back as long as bleeder is on top) for clearance.

Zandoz likes this.