Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My Project....1938 Fiat Topolino.....Lil Beast...........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topolino Kid, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Nay, JW...just haven't installed the new one...waiting to get a second as the new replacements come with reflector and lens glued together....glass is stronger and both the reflectors will be shiny new for better lite disbursement. ...

26 T Ford RPU and Robbie Horn like this.
  2. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Panty Raid show in Lambertville next weekend...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

You know Im over 6 foot and over 240 lbs and know it will be a squeeze to fit into my tin Topo when it gets build.

A smart man would sell it and move on to a bigger hot rod, but everytime I see a pikky of your car, I figure that Im not that smart man, and that by the time I get mine built, I just might be down to 220lbs and I just might fit in it.

Thanks for keeping the dream alive.

4. The dream is what i think we're all about here...it takes a toll at times on the mind, but....

A big fat hemi up....you'll have to be careful about balance and braking. ...3 pedals in that space???!!!! Hang the masters of the body instead of the frame???!!!

These are some of the few issues people told me i was looking for trouble my build went along...but hey, i just kept plugging along and here we are...moral of the post...keep dreaming....IT CAN HAPPEN!!!!

loudbang likes this.
  5. CAM00913.jpg Wheels up checking Lil Beast in preparation for Milan Dtagway's Nostalgic meet this coming weekend...

volvobrynk likes this.
  6. Ok Mark....you know we want coverage of this event:cool::D JW

7. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

^^^^^What he said. :D

8. Well me n ol Bob made the trip to Milan. .for some reason he took his '60 metropolitan instead of his WeeTee.. and it broke down..backroad city and we're tearing down his carb..roads z so bumpy, it screwed up his floats n the pump..readjusted it and rolled on..got there way late, but i did get some pics....load then tonite, still at work...

Oh yeah, Lil Beast rolled perfectly all the way out n back:cool:

volvobrynk and OahuEli like this.
  9. Well life seems to be kicking me where it hurts the most....might be seeking offers on Lil Beast if i can't solve these issues...

10. Mark, that's not good to hear, hope things work out. JW

11. NO JW, it's not...but right now our looks like it's going to end up on the chopping block...8+ yeasts of collecting, dreaming and fabricating down the tubes....might get lucky, but right now it's liking pretty grimm. ...

12. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Man I'm sorry to hear that, been following your work for a long time. Had a similar situation 4 years ago and had to let my '51 F1 go on down the road. Totally sucks. Hopefully something will change for the better and you can keep the Lil Beast.

13. loudbang

loudbang

Man that sucks. Have been following your progress since the beginning and will miss her.

14. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Say it ain't so!!!! Mark there has to be another way, after all the work and years spent working towards your dream of having a Topolino. Even the Snake loved Lil' Beast. Hoping the best for you.

15. I sure HOPE you dont have to give her up Mark. I am here if you want to talk, sometimes it helps. Had to give up my OT, 69 nova drag car that I owned from age 17 till I was 35. Still hurts after all these years. I sure hope things work out for you, LIL BEAST is very special !

loudbang likes this.
  16. Well it's been great getting all the support...mainly from guys who have been there the most....been just a few days shy of a month since i last posted...BUT.....things have gotten worse I've been fired...for the first time in my life...new there was no long term when
    the new shop manager came in...right

after i took over the shift i was hired to manage....timing caught me of guard,
    that's all....BUT.....

Lil Beast is still here....

17. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Hang in there Mark. Something better may come along. A lot of times good things come out of bad ones. I have learned that through experience. a few years back we had a flood here and within a couple hours I lost my home and business. Talk about a kick in the gut. It took 14 weeks and a ton of hard work and my places we better than prior to the flooding. Keep your chin up and cover the beast for a nap for now and it will be there when you are back on your feet.

loudbang likes this.
  18. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Hate to hear it Mark. Just started a new job myself. You will land on your feet. I've never ended up worse after leaving a job. Fired or not.

Sent from my KFASWI using H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. It sucked cause they could have posted the right to work by bull, but instead tired to make up some crap....either, I' looking....figure I've got a lot of options besides wrenching on semis....
    Damn, Danny....i figured this might have been the wintner we got those scales to
    figure what Lil Beast weighed on each
    corner ,lol

loudbang likes this.
  20. Mark. I know how you feel, I to work on big rigs. Mostly engine work. Our management is horrible, to the point of insanity. But kind of stuck there for now. I have been exploring other options as well. Hopefully will retire in less than 10 years. Hang in there, it will work out. Dont be a stranger. Mikey.

21. Been watching, wishing you the best!!

22. Mark, I have been there and struggled by. You will find something, it may not be better but it may lead to that break you want, chin up and go get em. JW

23. loudbang

loudbang

Make any decision to sell the beast last after all your other options have run out. But like someone else said getting fired or changing jobs usually turns out to be a good thing.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  24. You won't need a hairy hug ... but if so I'll close my eyes for ya' ! :) Man, here's another hoping you find a real job, that kind that needs you more then you need them. Talented guys find those pretty quick. There's better waiting for you.

25. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Hang in there. Hope things take a better turn for you :)

26. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I changed jobs last week. We have to see if Courtland can borrow them!

Sent from my KFASWI using H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. Wow !Courtland works there now!!!sure sign of get old!!!gotta keep reminding myself 60 is next October....lol

28. Been back to work for 2 weeks today. ...working on switchers....way different the over the roaders....makes a ol fucker feel stupid..but I'm making real good money starting out, so...

Enough crying...puled the WC T-5trans outta. Lil Beast..bought it when i started on the FIAT, and got a great deal back then cause it needed 5th great synchronize....went to go down the road with Bob n The WeeTee..but finally the other synchronizes took a shit last weekend, .so pulled the WC T-5 out and
    sent it to my buddy Joe at his tranny

shop...going thru it input to output..full

rebuild...just about readjusted to working
    days again after 3 1/2 years on
    afternoons...time to button up alot of items..Lil Beast will remain in hover
    mode for awhile..too easy to work on.. CAM01126.jpg CAM01123.jpg had too cobalt

29. Also cut the trans support mount...it wasn't full welded, just font have the right tail shaft back then...and the original plan was to have it removable..about a 30 minute job after cutting it out...waiting for trans to get back, easier to make sure the engine and pinion angles are proper...feels good to back to work on the lil hot rod...

loudbang likes this.