Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My Project....1938 Fiat Topolino.....Lil Beast...........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topolino Kid, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Martin Harris

Martin Harris

YEAH, BABY!
    Very cool rod. Rat Fink should be driving it.

2. Oh, the Dodge emblem is a nice touch and looks right at home on there. JW :cool:

3. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

The Topo looks truly amazing. What a dream come true. Congrats mark. I can only hope to be there soon. For me it has been eight years. Life gets in the way from time to time. I hope this coming year to get it driving.

4. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

This was one of the first threads I followers before I learned about Subscribing.

I Real liked your story, and how you tell it!

And the car turned out awesome, you did good!

What are the plan for the future? Colour/paint?
    Will it get some nice lettering?

5. Hi Mark, I was at a swap meet today and saw this in the parking lot and thought of you and Lil Beast. JW :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
    WDobos and kiwijeff like this.
  6. Oh yeah this ones a 37. JW
    [​IMG]

WDobos likes this.
  7. 20141003_185112.jpg Sweet stocker. ..i trailered down New Carlisle Ohio to meet up with me brother Brian Friday morn to go to the cruise in there...hes F1Joker here on the hamb ..first time in our lives we had out hot rods together..good time..nice place and plenty pig cool

8. 20141005_132531.jpg Shot of my brothers F1 n. Lil Beast

kiwijeff and loudbang like this.
  9. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Good to see the Beast out and making the rounds. I bet it sure got a lot of attention at the show. Looks great sitting next to your brothers pick-up.
    Bob

10. Ever think about a brace between the two rods on the hairpins ?

11. AHotRod

AHotRod

Looking AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!

12. Thanks guys, this was the first time me and my Lil brother ever got our toys together..years of hd's, 4X4's ect and this was the first time we were able to get em in the. same place at the same time..out was his birthday present to me..he paid gas and trailer rental...
    Bob, it was great time..i even got to drive lil beast in the dark for the first time..way cool..temp lites in the rear, but they worked...swade, the hair pins are standard. Pete n Jake's. ..yea they need bracing but many other issues first 20141005_133513.jpg

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  13. Just plain COOL !! JW :D

14. Went for a nite cruise with ol Bob n his WeeTee....hopped up from Boles Harbor, thru town side by side..that sounded cool...and pulled up in the AutoZone north store...smooth roads, All fresh blacktop...good short cruise, as it was

15. Hope you got some pics????? JW :D

16. CAM00501.jpg CAM00499.jpg

Just these...would have paid to have had a vid when we rolled thru down town side by side catching every ttraffic lite

17. That's what im talkin about, way cool Mark. JW :D:cool:

18. OOOOHHHH YEAAAAAA!!!! The lil beast is just to cool for words. My coupe would love to pal around with that topo!!

volvobrynk likes this.
  19. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Man, I am so jealous!!!! Your cheeks probably hurt from grin'n so much.;) very cool Mark.

volvobrynk likes this.
  20. We definitely had a blast!!!the hot rods sounded way cool rolling thru down town at 30 mph...hell it was sioooo cool a few times i Damn near looked inn the rear view for Milner n his coupe lol....but today at -9 below with the wind chill...nasty weather really early this year..so it's all about looking at things to do to Lil Beast between now and in the basement time at Cobo ...getting to even be one of the wife's favorites too CAM01128.jpg

kiwijeff, loudbang and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  21. So many times...I have hopped on and caught up with your stuff....but this would be the first time to post my envy.

That Fiat is so much of fun, and hell in a hand basket. Truly, hard to believe there could be a handhold for horsepower terror, as well as the "fun time" buttons.....that your car pushes.....when seen by anyone at all....let alone the hot rod crowd.

Case in point....my kid loves your car.....she's 8. Little does she realize dad's crazed, far away look, grin.....that splits my face from ear to ear.......as I imagine me in the car pool lane....JUST FOR HER.....with your car rumbling through. Have a great day at school kiddo.....as the hemi blasts her hoodie up on her head...this cold day in Texas! LOL

Thank you man! Great car.

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  22. Wow an old fart who's daughter is now 27 years old, and can relate with a smile to the lil girl daughter, this has to be the best complement I've ever gotten for my car...so, I'm tying to plan out a usa swing tour hopefully for 2016, and i can guarantee I'll be rolling thru Texas! !!!till then show her this picture..the lil girl in it is about her age CAM01128.jpg

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  23. Got up to mid fifties Sunday, and i couldn't resist taking Lil Beast out for a ride..clouds to start out, but they gave way to heavy winds and rain...so i got the chance to try out my Radir cheater slicks in some serious rain. ..car handled CAM00539.jpg CAM00540.jpg fine, but we sure did get wet.

kiwijeff, fiat gasser and loudbang like this.
  24. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Mark,
    That must have been a fun ride. No wipers or door glass and cheater slicks to top it off. What are you going to do for door glass? I have been looking at mine trying to figure out how to make power windows work, but the doors are not designed for roll up windows. Next time you go out in the rain take some plastic for the windows. lol:D

25. [QBobUOTE="fiat gasser, post: 10741875, member: 63111"]Mark,
    That must have been a fun ride. No wipers or door glass and cheater slicks to top it off. What are you going to do for door glass? I have been looking at mine trying to figure out how to make power windows work, but the doors are not designed for roll up windows. Next time you go out in the rain take some plastic for the windows. lol:D[/QUOTE]

Bob, i forgot to mention it was also dark too lol...in so far as Windows go, i figured I'd get inn touch with Rich
    and find out where he got the pw lift system here used to use...biggest issue i see is getting a decent sealaround the upper and sides

26. CAM00529 (1).jpg t'was the nite before Christmas, not a creature was stiring, not even my mouse....but Lil Beast was watching and waiting for the old fat man to show up!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kiwijeff likes this.
  27. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Happy Christmas to you

Singlefingerspeedshop.com. Detroit

28. Thanks, Martin!! Happy Holidays to you and yours too!!