Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My Project....1938 Fiat Topolino.....Lil Beast...........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topolino Kid, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Well it s the start of the new year...so i figured best get my old ass.out to.the garage and get busy..last nite to.end.the year on a decent note i fabbed up the upper left side.radiator support rod...today i m out to try and get the right side fabbed...lookin like the smaller fan off the old 48 jeep is.going to.fit nicely..and i m thinkin of notching the far corners of the front spring mount/frame bracing to.get just a tad more room.for.the.rad and fan...

Not easy gettin stuff done with the boxer babies..new job i m only off 1day a week..so.when i m home they re up my butt being wild..

2. Happy New Year Mark,Sound like 2013 will be better to you.Look forward to many updates.Cheers, JW :)

Attached Files:

4. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

That thing is way cool..post more pictures...

5. simon g-s

simon g-s

Hiya from UK. I built a topolino some time ago. Just moving workshops and found a repro screen rubber if its any good for you. I didnt use it as a boby shop mate glued a slightly oversize one in.

Attached Files:

• 1448.jpg
      1448.jpg
      File size:
      308.8 KB
      Views:
  6. Very nice looking topolino...( not a simca...it has the rain rail:eek:)

Still have it??Wanye Dobos here on the Hamb has a very nicely modified fendered topo...i seen it a few years back when i picked up mu replacement roof..mine had the center cut out very much like a open topped topo...
    Sent ya a pm on the seal..thanks mark
    Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

7. A couple of my favorites ......first is left side nose up..i tend to have more room.on.the.rigbt so i post mainly rigbt side shots:p

Second is outside the garage nite shot this summer...in the background ya can see my teardrop camper i m going to tow behind Lil Beast around the usa...

Last is.one.of the.wife after a nite at Rocky Horror at the.local playhouse..we ve.gone every oct to it for years..she s 5'2" with these heels on..puts perspective to the topo s size....
    uploadfromtaptalk1357204475206.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  8. That outside shot looks way cool, shows its great proportions and stance.I have a tear drop i started 18 years ago, its in bits in my hay shed,will dig it out and finish it after the T rpu's done,they are so cool. JW :)

9. Ya i like the outside shot too...for the same reason..also i m 5'6" and had to duck.under the garage door that nite...my quarter midget is hangin from the ceiling inside and this is all the.higher i can raise.the.door..but it s enough for Lil Beast to.escape into the wild:D

10. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Go Mark! Let's do the time warp again!

11. We be warpin out in the garage..sad part is.i m workin 6 days a week..afternoons...so ain t a whole lot of time for Lil Beast:eek:

12. simon g-s

simon g-s

Hiya, PM'd you, window rubber in the post, let me know when you you get it. Cheers Si.

13. Well this past sat ....my one day off ....i preformed the annual garge "clean and relocate"...think of it as makin it easier to get at all the idle projects.....with some broom action.to boot..

This sat i started makin templates from the speedo head i m thinkin bout usin.....started formin the lower radiator rods........grind off all the old dash bracing where colums had been welded to over the years...my colum n support bracket are stand alone..no dash contact and the old bracing was hittin the support arms..small progress but lots of planin resolved....i think....:eek:
    uploadfromtaptalk1358055200740.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  14. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad to see progress. Any progress is good!

15. Well as the saying goes...the thrashin is on!!!!!!!! I've sent in my paperwork for the basement at cobo for this years autorama.this years show is going to be a ton of fun!!50th year for the ridler award..looks like someone gettin their top chopped on site by Winfeild!!! Definitely not the average autorama!' I ve been trying for several years to get Lil Beast into the show...we should be over by the Singlefinger display..2013 Is definitely the year of "The Beast" :cool::cool: uploadfromtaptalk1358095339273.jpg

16. Good luck with the bonsai thrash to getting it done, I'm slow and steady on my own projects this time of year.

17. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Going to try and get my butt up there again this year..each year I think my chances are going to fall thru the cracks of me making the show to see the cars, but some how it works out, hope thats the case again this year..

Good luck on your progress..get back to work while its still warm out

18. Randy my sunday thru friday 3:00- 11:00 pm work week is a pain in the ass when it comes to workin on Lil Beast...but we be jammin man....doing what i can after work (midnite ish) that don t make too mich noise...city livin ya know...so it looks like i m all over the place on it...7 saturdays left so.....

19. Received my windshield gasket..or as Simon.says in the UK....SCREEN.SEAL....today..nice peice..looks and feels like.new..thanks Simon..check.your pm.box....gonna see about gettin the windsheild cut tomorrow...and then again i m thinkin maybe some tinted plexi for.the.Autorama show in march

20. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Mark,
    I'm pulling for you to make the Autorama. Great to see your making progress again.Here's a quick pick of my latest improvements to my little monster.:D

Attached Files:

21. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Mark
    If you need some help in order to make it happen, you know Im only a phone call away, and a 20 minute ride
    I know we both are solitary workers, but you came to my aid a few times, Its the least I can do.
    I've been told ( from my wife) that I dont always take orders well, but we will be in the garage, not the kitchen. :eek:
    No pride lost in a helping hand boss:cool:

23. Go for it Mark.JW :)

24. well it s Sat late lunch break..Try n uploadfromtaptalk1358628448513.jpg to get the last of the lower radiator rods built...not easy with 3 boxer pups tuggin on my legs n arms....think i finally wore em out

Ordered the water pump adapters from Bob at Hot Heads Hemi along with some of those pre tapped head block off plates..gonna take a shot at making a water cross over..issue is fitting in a t stat...the radiator i m using has a fill cap so i don't really need one of those fill/stat aluminum blocks..hate the way they look...gonna get the windshield cut this week..and the rear window..still have to order the gasket for it...and well probably order the timing chain cover to fit under the Lil Johns Stuff sbc water pump I'm gonna run..a Lil luck and I'll be able to run the Hemi with a real workin cooling system..we built a loop with pvc piping i had layin around when i first got the Hemi to check and make sure it was a solid motor as i was told it was...still a ton of stuff to do...but I'm havin a blast doin it:p:cool::cool::cool:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  25. well I've been down with a nasty chest cold for the past 11 days...but i did manage to get the front windshield template dropped off before coming to work tonite..glass doctor on van born was cheapest at $48 to cut the windshield...blue green full tinted laminate dot approved for windshield s...also said he ld cut the rear from some scrap for no charge...also got another bunch of goodies delivered...Lil Beast's Hemi getting a nose job...

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  26. uploadfromtaptalk1359586315904.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1359586343504.jpg

27. Lovin those motor shots, COOL !! JW

28. Tonite i started cutting in the new lower rear panel....the original looked like it had been grind against the pavement....and was bent up at the seam...possiblyfrom a wheel stand??? It appears out was a drag body at some time judging from the logos that were painted on it..but it got to be a bit too late for hammer and dolly work ( 1:00am )..... uploadfromtaptalk1359874194216.jpg

Attached Files:

29. Had to roll Lil Beast out to melt some more lead out of the tail to finish welding in the new lower section....wanted to shove em all the way out but the snow was ice from the sun earlier....didn't want to worry about weather out not i could push him back in with the ice:banghead:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  30. Looking real good......and cold !!!!!! JW:)