Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Primer Nats story

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bear Metal Kustoms, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

We decided two weeks ago to take my 38 plymouth truck to Primer.. I had blown the flathead 6 up on the way to paso and let it sit since then. The shop has been too busy to work on my stuff. In the last 2 weeks we swapped in a 318 poly/ 727 combo, new rear end, swing pedal setup, corvair box and exhaust system, new driveline, custom column mod, etc.... We finished it at 4pm on Friday. I drove it two the house and loaded 400 lbs worth of wheels and axles for my booth. The truck drove down and back with no issues at all... I didn't really get any pics but these on the way home of my truck and a customers project car in front of the old train car cafe near Buelton. We had a good time and talked to lots of HAMBers... Jason

Attached Files:

2. Did you come by and sign my banner? I don't remember talking with you. Sorry if I missed you.

3. Scott

Scott

Good to see you Jason, glad to see your business is taking off!!

ps I signed the banner:D

4. GOONZ

GOONZ

Glad To See You Made It Down Alright, Hopefully All The Rest Of The Boys Made It To, See Ya At Billetproof

5. Jason, glad to see you had some stress relief! Truck looks good, those old poly motors look cool, Kisam has one, a spitfire she's got slated for the project after next, anybody got a line on a multi intake?

6. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Bob, I didn't get to sign the banner... my booth was swarmed non-stop.. I barely got to leave to use the restroom.. Lot's of HAMB guys came by the booth though. It's a two edge sword...Too busy to go look at cars.. or easy to look at cars but not making any money.. Jason.

7. orphaneddie

orphaneddie

definitely a good show! I had lots of fun

8. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

you didnt mention the fact that you ran out of flyers and bussiness cards so johnnyG. came to the rescue and had is pregnant lady mad at him for getting home at 2:30 in the morning. the truck is bitchen by the way. now about the T...

9. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Don't get me going on the T... I was gonna list it for sale when I got home... Might be delayed for a week or so now... something about me being gone and the gears in the rearend making bad noises on their own... what was I thinking letting you drive down one of my other cars???HMMMM..

10. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

i didnt touch the key or drive the T. i just waited at autozone for 30 min for a single wire GM alternator. elcornus drove it. megan will vouch for me.

11. elcornus

elcornus

Yeah, I drove it,............................................................about 20 ', the day AFTER Jason was out burning the tires off it, which is when the bearing cap must've gotten cracked, cause I babyied it when I went to pull away, I swear I did:eek:
    Megan will vouch for me on that one too.:cool:

After thrashing to get it back together,I wanted to drive it down to Jason sooo bad,
    I was crushed when I heard it let go(so was the ring and pinion:D )

I'll trade ya an 8" rearend from my coupe for it :p

Am I fired???:eek:

12. Choptop

Choptop

Nice meeting ya'll, nice work on the truck. Hope to see ya at Billetproof.

13. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Nice meeting you choptop.. have fun with Billetproof.. I am trying to make it up there.

No one is fired... but we need to figure out a diff. job security plan.. Jason.

14. tisdelski

tisdelski

hi jason,
    is this the A we blasted a few months back ??

if it is , its back together in record time.

gary

15. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Nope.... we built that car in two stages.... we built the complete rolling chassis in a week, then the owner did his own brake lines and fuel lines and painted the frame. then we assembled the car, wired it, fitted a windshield, motor,trans,floor etc in 2 weeks.... we only worked on that car about 3 weeks total.. It isn't done yet but he drives it daily... I will post pics of the body you blasted later today.. I got it back from paint last week.. Jason