Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My Photos from Jalopyrama 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Greenberg, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

2. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

3. Awesome the Rodders Journal's lose is our gain!!! Great Work Dan!! Jim

4. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks a lot Jim!

Here is one I call "Last to Leave" - no surprise there as it is Mike Szuba's car. It was also the very last picture I took. Not to worry - it's not the last in the thread by a long shot.
    [​IMG]

5. You could probably call it "First to get there" as well, Dan.:)

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  6. Absolutely a great shot, Dan. That's one of my favorite Fords, too. Uh, can a Chevy guy say that in public?:eek::D:D

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Don - I was going to call it "First to Get There, Last to Leave", but I couldn't personally verify the get there part, whereas I was the only person and the blue coupe, the only car, at the end.

Are you talking about Mike's deuce or the 33 above it? Either way- thanks. Both of them were part of my hold back group for TRJ. Since I am brand neutral, I will allow anyone to say anything, especially nice things, about other brands of cars.

8. In regard to the composition, the '33 above is a great shot, too. The centering, the background, the contrasting colors, and the design of the '33 all make for a wonderful picture. There is nothing to not like about it. In regard to the car itself, it's a great looking hot rod that looks to be well-built. I like it. If I had been outside snapping shots, I most likely wud have snapped one of it. I like a wide range of cars, but my favorite style is the traditional '50s hot rod. The '33 is just a little too street roddy, in that regard.

My comment was actually about the pic of Mike's Deuce. The composition of that pic is just outstanding. The matching blue & white on the car in juxtaposition with the blue and white (silver) streamers above may not be obvious, but the subconscious takes it all in. The brightness and expanse of the room in contrast with the small coupe puts it all in perspective and leaves one with the feeling of last man standing. The car itself has that simplistic and subtle styling, i.e., the missing hood side panels, fenders, and running boards; the stock height top; the narrow tires with wide whitewalls and painted steel rims; the white suspension items and firewall (a '50s tactic to emulate chrome by the guys who cudn't afford it); and the white with blue trim interior all contrast with the blue paint to present a total package that is quite pleasing to the eye. All of which was captured perfectly by your keen eye and camera lens. Topping all of that off is the fact that blue is my favorite color! Guess I shudn't have taken that Art History course all those years ago, huh?

9. oj

oj

Jeez, and I thought it was just a pretty pixture...

10. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

SWEET! Thanks pointing out all the details! I had to toggle back and forth to check em all out! Yes it is a pretty picture! Joe

11. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks for the elaboration on that, Wayne. I have always liked Mike's car since I first saw it at RJR, but did not know all that much about it.

Here is another one of the show's superstars.
    [​IMG]

12. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

13. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

14. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

15. thePAkid1931

thePAkid1931
    from Eastern PA

Dan..... 331 Cui. its a 53 block with 55 heads.

16. And, one helluva great hot rod; one I never get tired of seeing. Thanks for bringing it to Jalopyrama once more for all to see.

17. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks for the lowdown on the Caddy, thePAkid1931.

Here's another one that I would like to know the owner or the year at least.
    [​IMG]

18. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Both cars you have asked about age on are '26-27 T bodied.

19. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

20. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

I'm not sure if something like this is allowed on the HAMB or not, but I'll put it in and find out. This is something I find extremely hard to get at car shows - decent bike pictures. Usually there is so much clutter or they are so close together that the pictures don't look very good, at least not to me. This was a beauty - Russell Christian's '35 Indian Sport Scout.
    [​IMG]

21. Alex D.

Alex D.
    from Hydes, MD.

A vintage Indian MC with hot rods in the background, how can it not be allowed here

22. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

I like seeing Vintage bikes. Hot rodding bikes is where the chopper movement came from and the early 'Bobbers' were built in the same spirit as hot rodding. Bikes these days are a lot like our hobby. Show me a traditional bike build using vintage parts rather than a billet laden junk wagon.

Dan Greenberg and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  23. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Dan that Olds convertible is beautiful, I am sorta partial to the Oldsmobile's. The Indian is just as nice, now who wouldn't want one of those in their garage next to the Hot Rod? Joe

Dan Greenberg and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  24. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

I loved the bike and certainly the Olds convertible. So I guess bikes are allowed on the HAMB. I obviously think it's ok, but I have had other images that I thought were ok get yanked by the HAMB police.
    JalopRama15 Oly-0166.jpg

25. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

wonderful shots as usual

26. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks olscrounger.
    [​IMG]

Sancho, i.rant, seadog and 6 others like this.
  27. ^^^^Dan, If I had known you were gonna take a picture of my roadster I would have wiped the dust off the tires^^^^:D;)

i.rant and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  28. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Is yours the red one? If I had known it was yours, I would have tried to hunt you down to pose it somewhere. Imagine the shot I could have taken if I posed it in front of some of the great fall color that was around. Something for next time. It is a gorgeous car!
    [​IMG]

29. .........................Thanks, Dan. I would have been honored to do so.

i.rant and Bowtie Coupe like this.