Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My Photos from Jalopyrama 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Greenberg, Nov 3, 2015.

1. I thot this one was going to draw a lot of comments, but it hasn't, so far. Either everyone knows exactly what the story is with this car or nobody cares. For those who don't know, it belongs to Maryland's Rod Saboury. It's a DOT street legal, street driven, six second, 1953 Corvette. Not necessarily your traditional hot rod, but unique nonetheless.

2. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks Wayne for that information. I, for one, am always interested in hearing more about the cars and their history. I rarely get the chance at the actual event to spend much time learning about any particular car. Do you know if this is a real 53 or was it a repro body? Also - what kind of drive train and when built?

3. Dan, I believe he's had the Vette for some time, but ran it strictly as a race car. It had one of those monster type big blocks in it when he won the NMCA Street Outlaw Championship in the late '90s, I believe. It's only been in the last 2-3 years that he's converted it to a more streetable status with a 572ci Chevy crate motor with more horsepower than cubes. I believe it to be a real '53 Vette as he's not afraid to cut one up, although he does own some beautiful, restored ones.

4. it is a cool Corvette. I remember seeing it in the hot rod magazines back in the nineties.

5. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks Wayne and Scott for the additional info on the 53 Corvette.
    [​IMG]

6. His vette is a real deal 53 from what I understand. He had the car and sold it around the time he built his 63 split window that went 5s in the 1/4. A few years back the 53 was bought back and the 63 put up for sale. As Wayne said he has put in a more streetable 572 to make it more happy on the street. I believe it had a monster motor in it with 2 massive carbs and looked quite impressive.

lothiandon1940 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  7. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Very cool - thanks greasemonkey54.
    [​IMG]

8. I know the car and the owner, but I do think it seemed very "out of place" in that arena. :)

9. ...........I can't quite put a finger on why exactly but, I sure do like this full-fendered Model A a bunch.

Scooterville and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  10. I know why I like it. I do believe that one on the far end is a '32 Chevy.:eek:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

It is for sure a 32 Chevy - better viewed from the other side in the picture prior to this one.

Bowtie Coupe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. I overheard the owner of that A talking, it has a stout sbf, manual valvebody c4. I really liked that car too

Bowtie Coupe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. oj

oj

For some reason I think that belongs to Gary but, he had his '39-40 Ford gasser type inside flat towing his old bantam altered. That has me confused, well, easily done really. Dunno how he'd get all that up there.

14. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

I love cars with patina in general and that A had nice patina in spades.
    [​IMG]

15. Well, since he moved to WV, about the only time I get to see Gary is when he comes to Jalopyrama, so I don't know for sure, but I don't think so. I talked to him for a few minutes out front of the building just before he climbed into his '39 heading for home with the Bantam in tow.

oj and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

I just found out that TRJ will not be doing a blurb on Jalopyrama in the next issue due to room constraints and thus will not need any of my images. The good side of that is that it frees up a bunch of images I was holding back for them.
    One thing, among many, that was a sign of how well run and organized this event was can be seen in this image showing the line up of classic dragsters, belly tank cars, etc. with Frank Morawski's well know orange dragster closest. Note how perfectly parked everything is. Beautiful!

[​IMG]

HeavySoul151, oldsjoe, hrm2k and 7 others like this.
  17. That is too bad the Rodders Journal will not be covering this show from what I have seen it is definitely worthy of coverage however on the bright side I am looking forward to more pics form you! Thank you Dan hopefully next year I will be there. Hobo Jim

18. If not the next issue will they do a blurb of the show in a future issue?

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  19. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

No way to know. But, in all fairness, they don't do much in the way of show coverage, so the mere fact that they were interested at all says something. They may do an email blast on it for next year, if there is a next year.

[​IMG]

20. The blue '59 Ford belongs to Joey Calato ('Joey C').

21. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

22. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

23. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Never get tired of seeing this one.
    [​IMG]

24. Doug Kaufman's 38, looks great and hauls ass! :)

25. ................and he has owned it since the dawn of time.:D;)

26. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Definitely one of my favorites was this very cool and unusual, very well done 59 Ford custom.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    JalopRama15 Oly-0120.jpg

27. And the love just keeps coming. Thanks Dan you're certainly one of the all-stars around here.

lothiandon1940 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  28. That "Dream Sicle" is kinda dreamy, isn't it? Thank you, Dan, for all these great shots. I missed out on so many of the great cars that were outside, but you're bringing them to life for me!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  29. Interesting rear treatment on the '59, eliminating the backup lights completely and reshaping the fins.

30. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

As always, you're very welcome 30tudor and Wayne (Bowtie Coupe). Thanks for your comments. Sancho, I really dug how he remodeled that 59 both front and back.
    JalopRama15 D750-0417_8_9-3.jpg