Register now to get rid of these ads!

My PCV valve install in SBC intake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldrelics, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Where does it draw the fresh air from??? As you said you wanted no hole valve covers.
    I always thought that the pcv system was to evacuate the crankcase of unwanted blowby or unwanted fumes. This is why you have a breather on one valve cover and the pcv on the other. It draws air in the breather side through the crankcase and out the pcv valve into the manifold and burns it in the combustion chamber. If you have no source of air coming in it really will not work but it looks nice.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  2. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"The PCV valve is for newer Nissans, it is steel.
    The fresh air draws in from the oil fill tube on the front of the engine."

3. havi

havi

Did anyone save oldrelics' pics from the first post, and is it possible they can be shared?

4. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

Sorry to rehash such an old post but...

Agreed... I'd love to see them. I need to PCVify a couple of intakes I plan on using with my later non-road-draft equipped block. I'd also love that nissan part number ,if anyone has it.

5. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

Sorry to rehash such an old post but...

Agreed... I'd love to see them. I need to PCVify a couple of intakes I plan on using with my later non-road-draft equipped block. I'd also love that nissan part number ,if anyone has it.

6. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

whenever anybody asks about a pcv question, lots of people are so quick to say "do a search, it been covered many times", but it keeps coming up over and over. i've read a ton of these threads and most of them leave you with more questions than when you came! pics are missing, someone shoots down someone elses suggestion, i know that some point we've got to try something, but it's still not clear to some. a lot of us seem to want to run valve covers with no holes in them. some have one 4 barrel, some have 3x2's, some have valley plates, some do not. there's a lot to be covered still it seems. i wonder if some "pcv gurue" could post a different suggestions for different set-ups. .what happens to the photos?

7. daddio211

daddio211