Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects my other build the dirty2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hooliganz 1, Nov 11, 2013.

1. hooliganz 1

hooliganz 1

well this is my roadster ive had it about 5-6 years now i built it in a carport with a grinder a tourch and a flux core welder. most of it was given to me no not the best if done but it was what i could do with what i had

Attached Files:

2. hooliganz 1

hooliganz 1

finally got it to this it was fun but after the wife left i started to have waaaaay to much fun with it wicth ending up braking cross members and the transmission.after i got my head out my ass and the car to mississippi i thought it was time to update the car better frame better welds and mounts better floors opening doors and so on

Attached Files:

3. F&J

F&J

Looks great now. It also is really close to a 30 chev roadster pickup I just got that was built in 59/60. real close.

4. hooliganz 1

hooliganz 1

so i tore it all downgetting the tranny fixed and tought id fix some things on it made coil spring buckets for the rear

Attached Files:

5. hooliganz 1

hooliganz 1

it a 32 dodge four door that was gut down to a truck after i was done cutting the rust this is what i had a cowl and two door skins i made the rest

6. hooliganz 1

hooliganz 1

then i started on the poor frame

Attached Files:

7. hooliganz 1

hooliganz 1

one brake shown here is what the body was bolted to and the other is the mess of a front crossmember i made real weak it popped out with a little grinding and a hammer

Attached Files:

8. hooliganz 1

hooliganz 1

some parts i made to fix that problem

Attached Files:

9. hooliganz 1

hooliganz 1

a new crossmember and mounts to move the spring look alot cleaner and safer not welded in fully yet

Attached Files:

10. hooliganz 1

hooliganz 1

a little ahead of my self before and after shots

Attached Files:

11. hooliganz 1

hooliganz 1

then i started on the floor. it was channeled to the bottom of the frame but at six foot 200 + and no doors that was a pain. so i just put new floors in my dads 41 coup so i took the old one and did some measuring and the rust would be cut off if i used them. plus a pic of the old floor

Attached Files:

12. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

whoa! that frame is scary!

13. hooliganz 1

hooliganz 1

what took the longest was removing the tar all over the floors but under all that tar was nice shiney metal

Attached Files:

14. hooliganz 1

hooliganz 1

yes it was opps

15. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

16. hooliganz 1

hooliganz 1

made a BIG cardboard templet and cut it out to fit

Attached Files:

17. hooliganz 1

hooliganz 1

not done yet i know its ugly

18. hooliganz 1

hooliganz 1

and this is it sitting in the cap no channel

Attached Files:

19. willymakeit

willymakeit

You will get there. Good luck

20. hooliganz 1

hooliganz 1

oh i have alot of work to do but now i have the right tools and supplys and money to do it right though im doing it on the cheap

21. I applaud you for trying but please seek out some help with that front suspension. HRP

22. hooliganz 1

hooliganz 1

thats not the final weld its just a mock up

23. Ironskillz

Ironskillz
    from Madison,AL

x2! That needs to be ground flushed and re-welded in one proper motion with a GMAW welding process. No flux. You hit a bump just right that whole front perch/linkage will go in all out hells dive as long as well as everyone looking at it. Not trying to be harsh stating the facts jack. Rather be alive then K.I.A.

24. hooliganz 1

hooliganz 1

it will just not now! enuff already! jesus its just mocked up to see if it will even work i was in a hurry sorry move on!

25. You really need to improve your welding skills before welding chassis and suspension. Other people use the streets too.

26. hooliganz 1

hooliganz 1

ill admit it is a shitty weld do you really think id leave it like that no but thanks for your concerntrust me ill fix it

27. I think you misunderstood. I'm not just referring to that one weld or that one part. You need to learn how to weld BEFORE you try to build and modify chassis and/or suspension components. I'm not trying to be an ass or to put you down, but that entire frame and rear suspension is junk even by rat rod standards. Learn some skills and start over.

28. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Sorry but he's right. You have a chance to re-do all that is wrong and judging from your fab skills you aren't capable of the welding or fabricating so do yourself a favor and take some welding classes and practice ALOT if you insist on welding up another suspension, or better yet, spend a little money and have someone capable to do it. It would be money well spent since it could be your life OR worse.....someone else's when it breaks.

No-one I know fully welds a bracket or whatever part for mock-up

29. hooliganz 1

hooliganz 1

you guys are funny thank you

30. F&J

F&J

don't sweat it, stick around.

You said you'd fix the welds, and thats fine by me.

You do have a good eye for style, as your pic of the new version sits dam nice and looks well proportioned. Have fun.