Register now to get rid of these ads!

my old 53 chevy came home

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vicksrods, Jan 18, 2012.

1. vicksrods

vicksrods

just recently got my old 53 chevy back in my possesion. I had lost it in a domestic dispute (politicaly correct term for divorce) then it was sold to a buddy of mine. after alomost two years apart i was able to trade a model A truck project for it. I cant wait to get to work on her and do some of the things that i intended to do the first go round.
    First off ive started notching the rear frame rails so that the axle wont bottom out and clean up some of the body work and those cut up front fenders also a color change is in order it got painted a very light blue color while it was away, all of the cool old patina is gone. Oh well i was tired of patina anyway. heres a before and after pic, thats not me in the pic thats my son he was nice enough to let me work on it at his shop which is a cool thing cause it has brought us closer than ever, nothing like spending quality time with your son wrenchin on cool old hot rods.

2. cederholm

cederholm

Good that you got it back, any close-ups of that roof?

3. welcome home to the old chevy

4. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

Glad you got your chebby back good luck

5. vicksrods

vicksrods

thanks guys ....i know that it probably seems weird to a non car person but it feels like a victory won to have it back finally.

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

think a lot of us have had to let go of a special ride at one time or another. always good to get a special one back.

7. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Congrats.......I don't think there are any non car people on here tho:D:D:)

8. Tin Can

Tin Can

Thats cool that you got your chebby back

9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Glad you got the Chevy back. Weigh the answers to questions on here, though...

I think there MUST be non-car prople on here! (or those of limited I.Q.)

10. Matthew

Matthew
    from Burien, WA

Very nice car; glad you got her back...

11. vicksrods

vicksrods

Atwater mike its all good.... Ive been around here for long enough to know whats what.... im just glad to be able tro come to a forum with like minded people and express my joy in getting my car back. P.S. i hope to be able to get my alliance membership renewed soon thats another one of those things that economics forced me to neglect but its all coming back (a lot slower than i wolud like but I'll take it). thanks to all the other guys who posted as well. im gonna start a pic thread on the updates hiope to finish the notch job saturday.