Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects ~~My new wheels!!!!!~~'38 Pick-up!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Yep,he sounds like an old "stoner",hahaha! Nice guy though...

2. The wheels are actually a dark brown. I think i'm gonna do the wheels almond color and the cover cap black,but keep the old,used, caps. Might not keep the beauty rings. I'll do one and see if I like it...
    The grill will be almond also.

3. It already has a 4" drop axle. Not going ant lower.

4. Yeah,it's 2 into 1 exhaust. I'll change it to duels when I get a couple bucks...

5. Just noticed the '39 grill and hood latch. Looks like you have the same problem with sloshing gas as I did. Fix for that for me was to get a new cap and bend the ears back some. Went from 10 mpg to darn near 14 for the price of a gas cap. Have fun. Might have a pic or two of it on the salt last year. Will check when I get back to work tomorrow.

6. I like the almond idea. Please follow that basic idea to the interior instead of your black/red theme. Your "A" was cruisin the "bull" earlier tonite

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  7. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Cool truck Bob, can't wait to see it here in Ventura for the Beatnik gig.

8. OKOLDS smashitup

OKOLDS smashitup
    from OKC

really nice truck man

9. cruzr

cruzr

Bob..........Looking good........!!

10. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Bad ass truck man i love it! I was checking it out at the swapmeet thinking to myself how i wish i had it haha!

11. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Are you gonna use straight pipes like on the "A"? Sounded real good. I shoulda done that.

12. Labold

Labold

I love it when a plan comes together.

13. Not sure yet. I'd like to do duels,but it will have glasspacks. kinda like the low rumble on a truck. The Coupe needed to be loud!!!!

14. HEY! Check this out guys! sammamisham sent me this pic of the truck at Bonneville with the previous owner...Now i'll have to take it there myself!
    Next time it's there,it will have Old Crow Speed Shop on it though!!!!

[​IMG]

15. why?

16. Because I go to El Mirage and help them when they race,and plan on driving to Bonneville to help out there too! THAT'S WHY!!!! I don't like the fake speed shop shit that's on there now...

17. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

(old crow) sounds like a good reason Bob...look for me out there in my Phaeton.
    truck looks good......
    Brian

18. 5051

Congrats on new truck. Saw it and your coupe at Pomona. My buddy (BrassJunkie) was parked right next to you. When we came back your car was gone.

19. ESTRADA213

ESTRADA213

20. OH MY GOD! Someone finally kicked over the rock you've been hiding under? Didn't think I would ever hear from you again. Did you sell the 32?
    Brassjunkie? Not the guy with the Ratrod with all the brass shit on it?

21. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

With 2" longer shackles out back you may have a bit of sidesway without a Panhard bar back there to eliminate the slop.
    Nice truck, nic rod, equitable trade? The smiles on both ends say YES!

22. The shackles look kind funny on there. Is there another way to lower it without using those shackles? Anybody?????
    I doesn't have any shocks on the rear either,so I will be adding some soon.

23. 5051

Still hiding. Still have 32, tried to shake it loose a couple times, but it is like a dog on my pant leg.

My vote is for the AAA logo on the doors.

24. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

hahahahah I second that vote.... I am no photoshop pro...but here ya go!!

Attached Files:

25. forty1

forty1

Hey Bad Bob, great swap , when both are HAPPY. A Big welcome to the Truck world !!
    -41-
    Can't wait to have a diecast truck too !!

26. Soooooooooooo... Bob.... Did you check to see if those plates were gonna work for your truck????

27. The ones from Lucky? License plates?

28. If it was a COE that would be cool....

29. Nice rig...sometimes ya just get the bug for something new and a trade falls into place...congrats and drive the wheels off of it...

30. I actually wasn't looking for a trade....yet! It just happened. I was checking out the old bikes in the back and JustplainJ said "this is a nice truck. I had one like it". Then I started looking it over...and ,well,you know what happens,lol!!!