Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new ride (37 Ply. coupe pics)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WhoDoYouFink, Apr 8, 2008.

1. WhoDoYouFink

WhoDoYouFink

Well the wife was about to kill me, but I picked up a new ride this past week. It's a '37 Plymouth P3 (business) Coupe. I picked it up in Kingsport, Tn. from a guy by the name of Bill Fleenor. Very nice guy.

Anyhow, it's a pretty decent stocker witha hopped up 218 flathead 6 motor. The motor has been bored .030, crank resized and polished, Rods balanced and resized. Ported and Polished block, 9.75:1 comp. Dual offy intake, fenton exhaust manifolds.

[​IMG]

As for the body, like I said it's pretty well a stocker. It was restored several years ago, so there are some rock chips, scratches, and a bubble or two, but the body is straight as you can see in the one pic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. WhoDoYouFink

WhoDoYouFink

My plans for this thing are to make a Westergard style Custom out of it. Wanna lower the from about 2-3" and lower the rear about 4". I'm gonna look for flush skirts and maybe a headlight and taillight swap. Interior wise I want to get it rolled and pleated maybe black and white with a different color dash. Thinking of swapping to 15" wheels and tires to lower it a bit more. Clean and detail the motor and call it done. Photoshops welcome!

I am stoked though this is by far the nicest car I have ever owned. Looking to drive it to Goodguys Indy as the first longtrip for it. Be on the look out this year! Planning on doing the Cinematic in it too.

3. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Looks like a hot rod to me! The only change I'd make would be to get the nose down a bit. Good score.

-Dave

4. I'd lower it & call it done.

Great car.

JH

5. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Good plans and a really nice car to start with. Nice score
    Keep us posted

6. myke

myke
    from SoCal

Nice car. That's a great start.

7. WhoDoYouFink

WhoDoYouFink

As far as lowering I'm thinking of dearching the front springs since that is about the only way to go from the looks of it. And blocks in the rear. I have read the tech on reversing the eyes, I'm guessing dearching would be the same process. Anyone see why this wouldn't work or have a better idea?

8. sweet car,cools plans you got for it

9. 53burb

53burb

Now, that is what I am talking about. Love the car. KNUX!

10. ...beautiful car, good luck with whatever you do with it. Were those pics taken where you bought it?...very nice scenery.

11. LabRat

LabRat

NICE !! good score.

12. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that car! Beautiful... Please leave the 16's/bias... Sooooooo classy. Nice work. -MICHAEL

13. Big Tony

Big Tony

Man i'm digging those ol biz coupes more and more...no matter whatcha do to them they just look and make killer ass rods

14. MMM nice ride man...I mlove 37/8/9/40/41 Plym coupes.

Taildrag it, flush skirts and I'd call it done too !!

Nice score !!

Rat

15. 390kid

390kid

beautiful car

16. Godspeed

Godspeed

Love it!
    I like it the way it is. No need for lowering. My $0.02.

17. McFly

McFly

I seriously suck at photo shop but....

Attached Files:

18. WhoDoYouFink

WhoDoYouFink

Oh Yeah! Thanks Mcfly. That's pretty close to whats in my brain. Maybe a little more rearward rake, but slick none the less. Thanks again!

19. skidsteer

skidsteer

Outstanding; congratulations; and welcome to Mopar world. The quest for a pair of original skirts, especially with original emblems, will drive you nuts, broke, or both. (My wife says that's what happened to me.)

20. Elrod

Elrod

Haha. No kidding. I search for 4 years for 1937 Plymouth Fender Skirts with the correct emblem on them, and when I sold the car, I was more sad about selling the skirts than I was the whole car! :p They are absolutely freakishly rare.

21. Harris

Harris

Damn that's nice. Always had a soft spot for those old Plymouths....

22. 4HawkRod

4HawkRod
    BANNED

23. oldsman71

oldsman71

cool ride, my vote is to go low!!

24. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Very nice car! I'm in process of a frame off-hot rodded 37 P4. I have a set of front leaf springs, that need love of course, that you can have for shipping costs only if you wanted them. You can play with them to get the front down.

If you decide to go a different route on the wheels/hub caps, I'm in the market for a set of hub caps;).

25. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

nice car looks way cool

26. WhoDoYouFink

WhoDoYouFink

Here's a picture of it as it sat outside the Cinematic this weekend. I wound up not going way too low, just removed a few leaves from the front and rear. Still need to detail and paint the engine and tweek a few things, but it's getting there.

[​IMG]

27. suuuhhhhweeet...love those old mopars...I am trying like hell to hang onto mine that I found in a barn here a few months ago but business is slow and if may have to go...here's a pic of mine sitting exactly how I found it in a barn 4 miles from my house

Attached Files:

28. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Ya lucky turd,
    The wife will only be mad for awhile..
    good score.....

29. Any more updated photos on the 37' ?...
    I'm finishing one right now and need some more inspiration......

30. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

I agree